Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Home Exchange/Rent/Sale

maw7815

Oct 1, 2011, 4:53 PM

Post #1 of 8 (1913 views)

Shortcut

STUDIO SUITE FOR RENT IN AJIJIC

Can't Post | Private Reply
Available Now! Our previous tenant had to move back to Guadalajara.

This is a very large private guest room (16x16) with private bathroom (tub & shower) that is rented by the month. The suite is on the lower level and has its own private entrance. You will be within walking distance to restaurants, shopping and the Town Square. The room is very nicely furnished with a Queen Bed that has a top of the line pillow-top mattress! You also have a desk with hutch, vanity & mirror, armoire & 4 drawer wicker chest.
Your room has a view of the garden and swimming pool for you to use. Included are a kitchen sink, microwave, coffee pot, toaster, refrigerator and wireless internet for your laptop, Satellite TV (Star Choice) washer and dryer. $500 US or peso equivalent. Rent includes electricity, gas, cell phone, internet, Satellite TV, and weekly maid service. See pictures here. http://picasaweb.google.com/maw7815/20090308072758?feat=directlink

Call locally at (376) 766-1436 or e-mail mawaite7815@yahoo.com for availability.

TxMex

Oct 2, 2011, 6:38 AM

Post #2 of 8 (1893 views)

Shortcut

Re: [maw7815] STUDIO SUITE FOR RENT IN AJIJIC

I mean no disrespect, but $500 for a ROOM?!!!!! Is rental property this expensive normally in Ajijic or is it because winter is almost here?

joaquinx

Oct 2, 2011, 8:17 AM

Post #3 of 8 (1886 views)

Shortcut

Re: [TxMex] STUDIO SUITE FOR RENT IN AJIJIC

Can't Post |
And the use of a cell phone! Hard to pass up!
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

maw7815

Oct 2, 2011, 9:17 AM

Post #4 of 8 (1876 views)

Shortcut

The $500 breaks down to $16.66 per day. There are many people who come down for a month or 2. Much cheaper than a B&B and most short term rentals won't rent for a month or 2- minimum 6 months during high season.

RickS

Oct 2, 2011, 7:07 PM

Post #5 of 8 (1859 views)

Shortcut

You want to see some interesting pricing, take a look at San Miguel. The first couple of places I looked at online had several $700-800 places..... then I looked closely and that was for a week! They weren't rooms, but they weren't castles either.

chinagringo

Oct 2, 2011, 7:41 PM

Post #6 of 8 (1858 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] STUDIO SUITE FOR RENT IN AJIJIC

Rick:

It struck us that the San Miguel de Allende theory was that we will raise prices to accommodate the lower level of tourism and therefore we will come out even or ahead.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

mexrose

Oct 3, 2011, 9:57 AM

Post #7 of 8 (1835 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] STUDIO SUITE FOR RENT IN AJIJIC

San Miguel has always been pricier than Ajijic. I was there 19 yrs. ago and it was unaffordable...

chinagringo

Oct 3, 2011, 10:41 AM

Post #8 of 8 (1830 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mexrose] STUDIO SUITE FOR RENT IN AJIJIC

The logic or maybe lack of logic escapes me. All of these high priced hotels in San Miguel de Allende sitting empty makes one wonder. If the reports are true that San Miguel has experienced a 70% decline in tourism since 2007, then they are all fighting over a smaller piece of a pie that is reducing in size. The hotel where we stayed was smart enough to run a 3 nights for the price of 2 special and ended up being quite reasonable.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4