Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Mexico City & Surroundings

Maesonna

Sep 9, 2011, 1:38 PM

Post #1 of 6 (5212 views)

Shortcut

Cuts to water supply this weekend and beyond (Sept. 10–14)

Can't Post | Private Reply
40% reduction in water supply due to maintenance. Check this article and map to see if your delegación will be affected. Full service is expected to be restored by or on Wednesday.

Gri-lango

Sep 13, 2011, 2:11 PM

Post #2 of 6 (5135 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Maesonna] Cuts to water supply this weekend and beyond (Sept. 10–14)

I heard on the radio this morning it is extended until Saturday 17th...but it was fewer Delagaciones.

Seguro que los areas "fresas" no esteran afectados.

La Isla

Sep 13, 2011, 8:18 PM

Post #3 of 6 (5112 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gri-lango] Cuts to water supply this weekend and beyond (Sept. 10–14)

I live in a nice area of the city (near the US Embassy), and we have had almost no water since last Thursday! Supposedly the city is sending pipas around to badly affected areas like my neighborhood, but none have appeared on my street. I am in despair and really, really angry at the people responsible for this disaster!

Gri-lango

Sep 14, 2011, 10:05 AM

Post #4 of 6 (5081 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Isla] Cuts to water supply this weekend and beyond (Sept. 10–14)

Sorry to hear that Isla, my remark about the fresa areas was not meant to make light of the situation. If you felt slighted by that, I apologize for my insensitivity to a very serious issue.

I can confirm that Lomas de Chapultepc, Bosques de las Lomas, Lomas de Tecamachalco, Herradura and Interlomas all have no issues with the water cuts.

I see the pipas are now going for $3800 pesos...gouging is illegal...CONAGUA is shameful in their actions. Their incompetence is impacting millions. Water is life.

La Isla

Sep 14, 2011, 11:57 AM

Post #5 of 6 (5066 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gri-lango] Cuts to water supply this weekend and beyond (Sept. 10–14)

No problem, Gri-lango. My neighborhood is far from being a fresa neighborhood, but it is definitely middle-class and we have still had catastrophic problems with the water supply. I have friends who live in other parts of the city who have had not had their water supply cut or greatly diminished, and none of them live in fresa areas.

I am extremely pissed at CONAGUA and the powers-that-be in the DF government who are to blame for this mess. I wonder if Marcelo's neighborhood has had to go without water for the last week. He lives in Condesa, I believe.

esperanza

Sep 14, 2011, 4:38 PM

Post #6 of 6 (5054 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Isla] Cuts to water supply this weekend and beyond (Sept. 10–14)

Reporting from Condesa, home of Marcelo Ebrard and yours truly: we have abundant water, no issues. <chagrin>

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4