Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

Linda in Morelia

Aug 23, 2011, 5:29 PM

Post #1 of 7 (4069 views)

Shortcut

Puebla

Can't Post | Private Reply
We will be traveling to Puebla, staying one night on the way to Oaxaca, then staying another night on the way home from Oaxaca, with our SUV hopefully loaded with rugs and other goodies from Oaxaca. Where would you recommend that we stay in Puebla, with secure off-street parking, considering the fact that we will not have much time at all to explore this city? Can't wait to do so on another trip.

Gracias,
Linda in Morelia

Anonimo

Aug 24, 2011, 10:34 AM

Post #2 of 7 (4002 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Linda in Morelia] Puebla

Do you want to stay in the center or on the outskirts?

We bussed to Puebla a few years back and, stayed at the bargain, somewhat faded Hotel Imperial. I don't know if their good value rates include parking.
http://www.hotelimperialpuebla.com/...p?page=photo-gallery. (The website seems incomplete, but there are photos and a contact form.)

Many others have spoken well of the Hotel Colonial, a few blocks away.
http://www.colonial.com.mx/colonial/info.htm

Saludos,
Anonimo

Vichil

Aug 24, 2011, 11:26 AM

Post #3 of 7 (3991 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] Puebla

If you do not want to bother with the traffic, there are two business hotels right on the autopista going south where you can stay and you can take a cab from there.
I stayed in a couple of the colonial hotels in town but I had taken a bus so I do not know about the parking and I am trying to remember the names which of course escape me...

You may want to vary the trip and stay once in Puebla and once in Cholula.

Linda in Morelia

Aug 24, 2011, 11:37 AM

Post #4 of 7 (3985 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] Puebla

Thanks for the suggestions. We would probably want to stay in el centro so that once we park our car, we can walk around and see some of Puebla.

Vichil

Aug 24, 2011, 11:39 AM

Post #5 of 7 (3984 views)

Shortcut

Check out Hotel Mesona San Sebastian, it is right in the center, it is a small hotel, the people are very friendly and flexible, my friend became very sick and the people there went out of their way to help us. I believe they had a garage.
The rates were reasonnable and they are just a few blocks from the plaza.
The other hotel I like is near the Plaza where the antique market is on the week end. One of the store owner there is the owner and the hotel is on a pedestrian way a couple of blocks from there. It is also a colonial small hotel and I will try to remember the name of it or check some of my address list.

Vichil

Aug 24, 2011, 12:47 PM

Post #6 of 7 (3974 views)

Shortcut

The name came back
Casa de la Palma
3 Ote 217
222 242 8122
great little hotel between Los Sapos and the Zocalo on a pedestrian street.

If you are there on a week end go to the little plaza of Los Sapos to check the old furniture and the not so old but nice in some of the stores around.

Linda in Morelia

Aug 25, 2011, 6:47 AM

Post #7 of 7 (3928 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Vichil] Puebla

Gracias, Vichil. I will check out your suggestions.

Linda

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4