Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

simpsca

Aug 21, 2011, 9:38 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1933 views)

Shortcut

Xill Fessenden - open studio and sale today

Can't Post | Private Reply
Xill Fessenden will be having an on going garage sale at Aldama 3B in Ajijic from 10:30 to 4 pm everyday beginning this week end, August 19th through the 21st and then continuing Aug. 27th to September 6th when she departs to Texas for her September 10th opening. Items available will vary from folk art, tools, antiques, textiles, ceiling fans and a variety of stuff at bargain prices.

Also this week-end, Friday through Sunday, Aug. 19th to 21st you may come to her Open Studio Photographic Art Sale at the same address.
In support her artistic ventures she is putting together a number of events:

Her indigenous friends from Cocucho,Michocan will also be at her studio sale with their fabulous pots and embroidered blouses. Many of the pots are very different from those they have brought before, a number of smaller, more delicate ones, planters (tho I think they have now all been sold), and others.

Xill is preparing an exhibition for Fotoseptiembre in San Antonio Texas. You may find more information about her show at: http://www.fotosepti...embre-2011.html

To top off the excitement she is gathering a small group of culturally minded adventurers to travel to Michoacan to view the Dance of the Moors and the Fiesta of San Bartolome in the indigenous town of Cocucho, Michoacan. This is a totally unique experience where you will interact with the culture and traditions of this indigenous P'urepecha town. The group will be lead by Xill whose 20 year friendships within the indigenous P'urepecha communities as well as her ability as a tour guide will make your trip the most memorable experience in Mexico ever.The cost is 2500P and leaves this Wednesday. It is an overnight trip. (I have done the trip myself and it is amazing - she personally knows many of the indigenous people).
Please contact her at 766-3703. Aldama 3B is located on the west side of Aldama- down from the Ajijic gasoline station, her house is just a few doors up from Constitucion.

Most of you know Xill and her work, and her commitment to the indigenous communities in our area...those of you who don't, are in for a treat...Xill's photos are simply amazing. And she is now doing outdoor installation of larger sized photos that withstand rain, wind, sun, etc. There is one on the southwest side of Encarnacion Rosas and Constitucion, and another at the abarrotes tienda on the corner of Aldama and Constitucion. I have one going into my small internal patio.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4