Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

Moisheh

Jul 18, 2011, 5:34 PM

Post #1 of 9 (16823 views)

Shortcut

Unblocking service

Can't Post | Private Reply
For anyone who wants to use the USA Netflix or Itunes, etc this site may be better than Hotpsot Shield. I have never tried it but maybe others have. I did a little reading and it appears that your dowmload speed is not affected. Interesting.

http://www.unblock-us.com/?v=2

Moisheh

Don Gringo

Aug 2, 2011, 11:01 PM

Post #2 of 9 (16593 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Moisheh] Unblocking service

I would still lean towards a VPN service. Even better if a router was in the mix that could accept the VPN setting so that every device that accesses the Internet can have a U.S. or other preferred countries IP address to view favorite shows.
Most VPN's can be rented for less than $100 a year.
Lived for 35 months in Mexico. I feel like I paid my dues...

Moisheh

Aug 3, 2011, 3:51 AM

Post #3 of 9 (16579 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Don Gringo] Unblocking service

Don: My speed from Telemx is marginal and I think a VPN would slow it down even more. I hear from others that the VPN's are also blocked. I have never tried it.

Don Gringo

Aug 7, 2011, 10:42 PM

Post #4 of 9 (16341 views)

Shortcut

If I have ever noticed a slow down it was most likely the ISP. Blocking a VPN would be very difficult. Citizens of various countries around the world use VPN's to gain access to outside news from restrictive countries. There are quite a few reasons for that. Suffice to say that it works.
Lived for 35 months in Mexico. I feel like I paid my dues...

Moisheh

Aug 8, 2011, 2:59 AM

Post #5 of 9 (16337 views)

Shortcut

Thanks Don.

rasamalai

Aug 9, 2011, 7:26 PM

Post #6 of 9 (16251 views)

Shortcut

Hi there! :)

I'm moving soon and will most likely be loosing my cablemás connection. A friend in Canada just tipped me about netflix, it's available in México through "Momentum"
It looks great except for their equipment pricing, way too steep for me, even if it were possible to pay in monthly installments with a credit card.

They sell an american IP address and they have netflix, Pandora radio, roku and hulu in their package.

Check it out: http://www.netflixenmexico.com/

kenza

Dec 11, 2014, 6:44 AM

Post #7 of 9 (13994 views)

Shortcut

Using VPN for unblocking websites is the best choice to get free access to any blocked content with strong internet connection and high privacy for your online data. Get your VPN account now.,,,,,,,,,,,,,Deleted'''''''''''......

EDIT: I deleted the URL. This appears to be an adv. for one brand of VPN

(This post was edited by johanson on Dec 12, 2014, 5:57 AM)

markosjal

Oct 24, 2015, 1:18 PM

Post #8 of 9 (11687 views)

Shortcut

Re: Unblocking service

SOme of you may already know that hdtvstreamers (dot com) has a physical presence lakeside.

Hdtvstreamers now not only has content on demand but now offers 200+ channels of live tv in English. best of all no monthlly fees

(This post was edited by markosjal on Oct 24, 2015, 1:22 PM)

markosjal

Jan 5, 2016, 12:16 AM

Post #9 of 9 (10975 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
I would still lean towards a VPN service. Even better if a router was in the mix that could accept the VPN setting so that every device that accesses the Internet can have a U.S. or other preferred countries IP address to view favorite shows.
Most VPN's can be rented for less than $100 a year.

What you suggest is undesirable for security reasons. I would not log into my bank account or payPal account by way of a proxy or VPN BEWARE

If it is TV you want in English look at http://hdtvstreamers.com . Live TV, and TV on demand with no monthly fees.

Mark de Leon

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4