Forums  > General > General Forum

chinagringo

Jul 15, 2011, 10:14 AM

Post #1 of 13 (3149 views)

Shortcut

Mexican Women - 2nd Most Stressed

| Private Reply
From TIME Mexican Women ranked 2nd in a Nielson study:
"In one of their latest reports, Women of Tomorrow, Nielsen released stats that revealed where the most stressed-out women in the world reside, and how they behave in consequence.
Nielsen's study, which was conducted from February to April of 2011, polled almost 6,500 women throughout 21 developed and emerging countries including those in Asia, Europe, Latin America, Africa, and North America. The study was done in an effort to better understand women's consumer habits, but yielded some fascinating conclusions about what causes stress in women around the world.
Read more: http://www.nielsen.com/...men-of-tomorrow.html
A more complete list can be found by clicking on the link within the article.

Link reparied by Rolly
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

(This post was edited by Rolly on Jul 15, 2011, 1:26 PM)

mazbook1

Jul 15, 2011, 11:17 AM

Post #2 of 13 (3130 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] Mexican Women - 2nd Most Stressed

| Private Reply
Good article, but your CNN link doesn't work. However, if you click on it within the first link, it works fine.

I think that most of the reasons for Mexican women being the second (to women in India) most stressed are practically identical to those of India…

"So why exactly are women in emerging markets more stressed than women in developed countries? The Economic Times suggests that, in the case of India, companies and workplaces have developed whilst society has remained static, meaning that women must juggle a modern career and busy home life as well as conforming to traditional standards."

And in México, "traditional standards" still seems to mean kowtowing to the old culture of machismo which the modern, educated Mexican women find very abusive, both mentally AND physically.

Marlene

Jul 15, 2011, 4:47 PM

Post #3 of 13 (3060 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mazbook1] Mexican Women - 2nd Most Stressed

| Private Reply
Speaking of releasing a little stress, one day one of my neighbors chased her husband down the street, wielding the broom while expressing her displeasure at whatever it was he had done. When she realized she was losing ground (he was booking it out of there at top speed), she launched the broom with fairly decent accuracy (along with more choice words). He disappeared to safety around the corner and only reappeared when cooler heads prevailed.

Reefhound

Jul 16, 2011, 10:20 AM

Post #4 of 13 (2962 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Ok, splain something to me. If Mexico is supposed to have such a better quality of life and way of living than the U.S. then why are the women there so stressed out?

joaquinx

Jul 16, 2011, 10:29 AM

Post #5 of 13 (2956 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
I have often wondered why there were so many Neurotics Anonymous groups is Mexico. I suppose that this is the reason why.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

chinagringo

Jul 16, 2011, 10:30 AM

Post #6 of 13 (2952 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Reefhound] Mexican Women - 2nd Most Stressed

| Private Reply
It isn't within "my pay grade" to analyze the results but I believe if you read the article, they do offer a few clues.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

La Isla

Jul 16, 2011, 10:37 AM

Post #7 of 13 (2950 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To
Ok, splain something to me. If Mexico is supposed to have such a better quality of life and way of living than the U.S. then why are the women there so stressed out?

I feel that Mexico has a better quality of life for me, a semi-retired expat woman of a certain age, with no dependents or spouse. If I were a Mexican woman of my age with a husband and a bunch of grown children to deal with, maybe I wouldn't be so happy. ¿Quién sabe?

chinagringo

Jul 16, 2011, 10:41 AM

Post #8 of 13 (2950 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
On second thought, the day that any male starts to believe that they fully understand women anywhere - they are doomed to failure!
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

La Isla

Jul 16, 2011, 10:49 AM

Post #9 of 13 (2948 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To
On second thought, the day that any male starts to believe that they fully understand women anywhere - they are doomed to failure!

The converse holds true, of course!

norteño

Jul 16, 2011, 12:03 PM

Post #10 of 13 (2925 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Isla] Mexican Women - 2nd Most Stressed

| Private Reply
As with any "study" of this sort, you can find another that says anything you want. This one mentions no gender difference in the findings, and quotes several women:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/12/20/world/main2285969.shtml

(AP) Mexicans report feeling less stress than people in nine other countries around the world, according to an AP-Ipsos poll.

When asked, "In general, how often do you experience stress in your daily life?" just 15 percent of Mexicans answered "frequently" — a far lower stress level than in the other countries polled: Australia, Canada, Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, South Korea and the U.S.

Sunnyvmx

Jul 17, 2011, 4:14 AM

Post #11 of 13 (2850 views)

Shortcut

Re: [norteño] Mexican Women - 2nd Most Stressed

| Private Reply
Stress is a bit overused these days. Let's call what women feel frustration...exasperation...depression...desperation and sometimes anger. Now I remember why I ran away to Mexico and why I drink.

richmx2

Jul 17, 2011, 11:22 AM

Post #12 of 13 (2796 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Isla] Mexican Women - 2nd Most Stressed

| Private Reply
When a woman asks a man what they think are the real differences between the genders, the only proper response is "I can't conceive".

http://mexfiles.net
http://editorialmazatlan.com

arbon

Jul 17, 2011, 11:37 AM

Post #13 of 13 (2789 views)

Shortcut

Re: [richmx2] Mexican Women - 2nd Most Stressed

|

In Reply To
When a woman asks a man what they think are the real differences between the genders, the only proper response is "I can't conceive".

You just need to visit a fertility clinic, then you will know what stress is.............
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4