Post deleted by Administrator |

jerezano

Jun 30, 2011, 9:46 AM

Post #2 of 4 (4980 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bienchida] GDL childcare?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hello Bienchida,

I am not a family man but an old geezer of 85. I can't figure out why nobody has responded to you.

Nevertheless, there are many working women here in Mexico and most of them have children. For that reason whatever company or person you decide to work for will put you in touch with an economical day care facility for your 2-1/2 year old. Unfortunately, the care takers in those facilities will probably not be able to speak English.

Now as to one-on-one care that too will probably be available but will be more costly. Again, you will have difficulty finding an English speaking caretaker if that is important to you.

But I myself, having lived in Mexico for more than 20 some odd years see no problems bringing a young child here to Mexico. Good care while you are working will be available.

Your problem with your child will be the Mexican bureaucratic system. If the father does not come with you, then legally you must have a notarized letter from the child's father giving permission for your child to enter and leave Mexico without him. And that letter may have to be translated into Spanish and may have to be apostiled. It all depends on the bureaucrats who you run into. This becomes particularly important when you want to leave Mexico without the father for any reason. Airlines will not permit you to board their planes. I have no idea what would happen if you try to leave by bus or car or even if you walk across. But I am well aware of the airline prohibition.

Good luck with your move here.

Hasta luego, jerezano

(This post was edited by jerezano on Jun 30, 2011, 9:50 AM)

bienchida

Jul 2, 2011, 1:22 PM

Post #3 of 4 (4882 views)

Shortcut

Post deleted by Administrator |

sioux4noff

Jul 2, 2011, 6:15 PM

Post #4 of 4 (4854 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bienchida] GDL childcare?

Can't Post | Private Reply
What area of Guadalajara are you located in?

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4