Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

robt65

Jun 26, 2011, 8:10 AM

Post #1 of 6 (3684 views)

Shortcut

"Baptism by Fire! (smiling)

Can't Post | Private Reply
So the big day has arrived and next Saturday we are having the Baptism of our daughter Angi in the Catholic Church. BOY! What a difference between the Catholic Church here and in the USA, when it comes to Baptisms. Not to mention the after fiesta! It started out as a small family gathering to now over fifty guests coming!
My whole job is to get the construction site cleaned up to be somewhat presentable, and to be the Taxi driver for all the “Necessary things” for a Baptism fiesta! This is nuts! We are even enlisting the use of a Rental house for one night for overnight guests to have a place to sleep!
I think I am having a “Baptism” of Mexican culture! A good thing I don’t drink! (smiling)
Robt65

YucaLandia

Jun 26, 2011, 9:17 AM

Post #2 of 6 (3666 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robt65] "Baptism by Fire! (smiling)

Robt,
El Bautismo is just your baptismi into una cascade de fiestas, especially since you have an esposa Mexicana. There will be Primeras Comuniones, Confirmaciones, Quinciañeras, muchos y various Cumpleaños, Dias de Cadelarias, Reuniones de Ex-Alumnos (Primaria, Secundaria, Prepa, Universidad), Bodas and Bodas y mas Bodas, Graduaciones, not to mention muchos Misas para Parientes Difuntos etc. Plan to take lots of fotos....

Is your wife's family very small or distant? (since you identify this as your initial Baptism to Mexico's Mass & party culture)
steve
-
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

Gringal

Jun 26, 2011, 10:40 AM

Post #3 of 6 (3640 views)

Shortcut

Welcome to the state of Church and Fiesta. Have plenty of tequila and Squirt on hand and blankets for those who can't walk at 3 a.m....let alone drive. (grin)

Just think: you still have First Communion, Confirmation, 15th birthday (sp?), and finally: THE WEDDING and after that, the next baby and and..........(ROFL)

You say you don't drink? Good on ya.

robt65

Jun 26, 2011, 12:44 PM

Post #4 of 6 (3606 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] "Baptism by Fire! (smiling)

Hi YucaLandia,

Pretty good size distant family. Scattered all over Mexico from Tijuana to Tampico to Merida! Yeah . . . . . I know abut all those forthcoming fiestas! I'm buying more lottery tickets lately and hoping like the dickens for a win! (smiling)

robt65

robt65

Jun 26, 2011, 12:50 PM

Post #5 of 6 (3602 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] "Baptism by Fire! (smiling)

Hello Gringal,

I want to thank both you and Steve for insinuating that I will live past 95 years of age,
(I hope in relatively good health), after all I was only 69 when our daughter was born! (smiling)
Still a live round or two in that ammo box!

robt65

Gringal

Jun 26, 2011, 1:05 PM

Post #6 of 6 (3595 views)

Shortcut

So.....you will need to live long and prosper, too!

Or put a still in the backyard and raise some chickens, too. (grin)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4