Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

spiralsylph

Jun 25, 2011, 10:29 AM

Post #1 of 3 (10554 views)

Shortcut

Living in Xico, thinking to sublet our furnished cabin

Can't Post | Private Reply
Our family is having a dilemma. We all need to travel out of the country for 2 months (October and November) and we are vacillating between trying to rent our Xico house, fully furnished, and leave our stuff in some stranger's care, or giving up our sweet little rental cabin and trying to store our things somewhere safe and secure, in which case we would come back and have to immediately go house hunting again.

We have invested quite a bit of our personal money in this house, getting it wired properly to run higher voltage things than most people here use, and getting the whole electrical system grounded, as well as having some things built in, like a long rod with hooks for hanging pots and pans, and a nice little set-up for our electronics, which utilizes the little nook under our stairs. We have also established Internet and phone service here, for which we paid, and which we might have to pay again, should we change houses.

This place rents for $3,500 pesos a month, which locals call high for its size, but it is sort of special, since it is well-maintained, and has a large, lovely, fenced yard, with secure parking, large enough for even our big, old Chevy Suburban. It is also unique for this town, since it is technically in town, but is situated at the end of a dead-end street, which makes it a little more peaceful and removed than most in-town homes. We have done a little looking around for another place to rent, but have so far come up with nothing we like as well as this little cabin. We also have drawn a blank so far in our early attempts at finding a storage space here in town, where we could pay to keep our things clean, safe, and dry, in our absence.

I know no one else here has said they live in our area, but I would like to hear if anyone has any thoughts about our situation. You never know what kinds of solutions other people may think of, and right now, we are having difficulties figuring out what is best. Thanks in advance for any good advice you may offer. :-)

Anonimo

Aug 29, 2011, 4:29 AM

Post #2 of 3 (10270 views)

Shortcut

Re: [spiralsylph] Living in Xico, thinking to sublet our furnished cabin

I would like to see some photos of the cabin.

Saludos,
Anonimo

joaquinx

Aug 29, 2011, 5:14 AM

Post #3 of 3 (10269 views)

Shortcut

Re: [spiralsylph] Living in Xico, thinking to sublet our furnished cabin

People who live in or near Xico
http://www.inveracruz.com/

http://bakirita.blogs.com/xico/
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4