Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Mexico City & Surroundings

Anonimo

Jun 20, 2011, 11:46 PM

Post #1 of 20 (17296 views)

Shortcut

Mexico City Forum?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Don't the administrators feel that it might be time to recognize the significance of México, DF, and give us a specific forum in which to discuss it?

While it tenuously might be linked geographically with the Central Highlands, in my opinion, it merits a forum of its own.

It's a world class city of unending interest and fascination. Let's have a México, DF Forum, por favor.

Saludos,
Anonimo

La Isla

Jun 21, 2011, 10:51 AM

Post #2 of 20 (17241 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] Mexico City Forum?

In Reply To
Don't the administrators feel that it might be time to recognize the significance of México, DF, and give us a specific forum in which to discuss it?

While it tenuously might be linked geographically with the Central Highlands, in my opinion, it merits a forum of its own.

It's a world class city of unending interest and fascination. Let's have a México, DF Forum, por favor.

It's a great idea, Anonimo, but since very few forum members actually live in this great city, David may not think it's appropriate. Let's see what he says. . .

DavidMcL

Jun 21, 2011, 11:35 AM

Post #3 of 20 (17237 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Isla] Mexico City Forum?

David says:
Let's take the suggestion under advisement.
Tony and I will talk about it - as we have before.
Our main consideration is that the forum for DF would probably be underused - and there is nothing worse than a dead forum. There are a multitude of DF forums out there and as the above poster noted, not many of MXC forum users live there.
On the other hand, maybe there would be more DF residents posting on here if there was such a forum.
We shall see

David
David McL
WebJefe

esperanza

Jun 21, 2011, 11:43 AM

Post #4 of 20 (17234 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidMcL] Mexico City Forum?

Everybody who lives in or who frequently visits the DF, raise your hands! Come on, lurkers, you too.

<raises hand>

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

La Isla

Jun 21, 2011, 12:17 PM

Post #5 of 20 (17225 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Mexico City Forum?

In Reply To
Everybody who lives in or who frequently visits the DF, raise your hands! Come on, lurkers, you too.

<raises hand>

Me, me!!

Maesonna

Jun 21, 2011, 12:51 PM

Post #6 of 20 (17221 views)

Shortcut

Me too.

tonyburton / Moderator

Jun 21, 2011, 7:07 PM

Post #7 of 20 (17182 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Maesonna] Mexico City Forum?

OK; we've discussed it again and there will (shortly) be a Mexico City forum.
If it works, great - and if it doesn't (after a couple of months or so) we will fold all threads back into the Central Highlands forum.
It may take us a few days to launch the new forum, but it should certainly be up and running by the weekend.
Tony

Reefhound

Jun 21, 2011, 10:09 PM

Post #8 of 20 (17160 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] Mexico City Forum?

However it turns out, you guys deserve a big shout out for listening to your users.

fordmexico

Jun 22, 2011, 5:12 PM

Post #9 of 20 (17100 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] Mexico City Forum?

Tlanepantla de Baz 2 Years, Lomas de Chapultepec 2 years, Interlomas 1 Year

Mexico City and Edomex would be a good forum. Truthfully, I have not seen many forums that breakout our area.

Anonimo

Jun 23, 2011, 12:30 AM

Post #10 of 20 (17062 views)

Shortcut

Muchísimas gracias. From now on, I'll try to contribute our Mexico City travel experiences to the new forum.

Saludos,
Anonimo

Gri-lango

Jul 6, 2011, 4:14 PM

Post #11 of 20 (16746 views)

Shortcut

Applause Anonimo for the suggestion and Mexconnect for listening.

I have rarely seen any positive comments about my hometown. DF y area metropolitana is a great place to visit and live (IMO). Yes, there are bad parts, but the good outweighs the bad. I look forward to learning more about my city though the eyes of others.

I tried posting before on Mexconnect about DF and perceived safety, but I was turned off quickly because my user name offended several regular posters. Sorry if offends again, but it describes me well and I will not use it to describe anyone else.

La Isla

Jul 6, 2011, 6:38 PM

Post #12 of 20 (16720 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gri-lango] Mexico City Forum?

In Reply To

I have rarely seen any positive comments about my hometown. DF y area metropolitana is a great place to visit and live (IMO). Yes, there are bad parts, but the good outweighs the bad. I look forward to learning more about my city though the eyes of others.

I tried posting before on Mexconnect about DF and perceived safety, but I was turned off quickly because my user name offended several regular posters. Sorry if offends again, but it describes me well and I will not use it to describe anyone else.

Mexico City is my adopted hometown, and I try to make positive comments about it whenever I can.

I can't imagine why anyone would be offended by your user name. I think it's quite clever!

Gri-lango

Jul 7, 2011, 10:20 AM

Post #13 of 20 (16658 views)

Shortcut

Gracias por la bienvenida Isla! When I wrote that I rarely see positive comments about DF, I was referring to other forums.
Your posts are very positive, I like that! Several posters have very good DF knowledge, I'm impressed.

La Isla

Jul 7, 2011, 10:24 AM

Post #14 of 20 (16654 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gri-lango] Mexico City Forum?

In Reply To
Gracias por la bienvenida Isla! When I wrote that I rarely see positive comments about DF, I was referring to other forums.
Your posts are very positive, I like that! Several posters have very good DF knowledge, I'm impressed.

I've been visiting and living on and off in Mexico City since 1966, so I have an historical as well as a contemporary view of what life is like here. On the whole, I'm happy to be here, and I'm glad my posts reflect that!

esperanza

Jul 7, 2011, 11:55 AM

Post #15 of 20 (16639 views)

Shortcut

While I haven't been in and around Mexico City quite as long as La Isla has been, I've lived here either temporarily or permanently since 1982. All other things being equal, I'm here permanently now, enjoying all that this marvelous city has to offer. As we say, como México, no hay dos.

Flora Loveday

Jul 11, 2011, 6:07 PM

Post #16 of 20 (16475 views)

Shortcut

I have been living in DF for over a year now, and formally in other parts of the country such as Leon GTO and Cozumel QRoo.

The climate here is fantastic (I am from Canada so I prefer less heat). There is always something to learn about, places to see, and people to meet. I will forever feel like a tourist here I am sure.

I would be interested in a forum just on DF! Count me in.

chinagringo

Jul 11, 2011, 6:11 PM

Post #17 of 20 (16472 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Flora Loveday] Mexico City Forum?

Earth to Flora - just where do you think you are posting?
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

esperanza

Jul 11, 2011, 6:11 PM

Post #18 of 20 (16472 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Flora Loveday] Mexico City Forum?

Flora Loveday, you're in! The Mexico City forum is up and running RIGHT NOW.

Flora Loveday

Jul 12, 2011, 8:23 AM

Post #19 of 20 (16438 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] Mexico City Forum?

Jaja chinagringo - Thanks for the warm welcome.

Happy to be here!

rayitodeluna

Aug 19, 2011, 4:35 PM

Post #20 of 20 (15401 views)

Shortcut

Me in 6 weeks!!! Yaaaayyyyyy! ( yes, I just typed "yay" like a little kid excited for Christmas wink wink)

~~~~~~ Enjoying life in northern D.F. with our family of Americans and chilangos.
Family and expat blog here : http://threecurlygirlys.blogspot.mx/ ~~~~~~

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4