Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

mariolzc

Jun 9, 2011, 6:44 PM

Post #1 of 6 (6424 views)

Shortcut

Morelia-Cuernavaca

Can't Post | Private Reply
I need to go Cuernavaca departing from Morelia. Does anybody knows which is the best route? Thanks

sparks

Jun 10, 2011, 5:59 AM

Post #2 of 6 (6375 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mariolzc] Morelia-Cuernavaca

If driving ... there is a back way I always wanted to try. I think almost direclty east thru Tuxpan and ends up in the Tres Marias area

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

dmhaun

Jun 11, 2011, 5:38 AM

Post #3 of 6 (6301 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mariolzc] Morelia-Cuernavaca

There is a small road south of Toluca that winds its way over to Cuernavaca, but the only way I have gone is into DF, around the Periferico, and south to Cuernavaca. Too bad there is no Arco Sur, with a bypass around DF to the south. Saludos de Patzcuaro mágico, David
The Michoacan Net
Supporting the Arts in Michoacan
http://www.LakePatzcuaro.org

Anonimo

Jun 12, 2011, 11:48 PM

Post #4 of 6 (6184 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dmhaun] Morelia-Cuernavaca

One of the charms of the sinuous route from Toluca to Cuernavaca, via Lagos de Zempoala National Park, is that there is no Arco Sur.

Stop in Huitzilac, just before descending to Cuernavaca, for some barbacoa and pulque.

Saludos,
Anonimo

Linda L. Flad

Jun 13, 2011, 7:57 PM

Post #5 of 6 (6115 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] Morelia-Cuernavaca

The original question asked about the "best route." This last post should be moved to TRAVELING MEXICO, since it has nothing to do with the original question.
Yes, the route south of Toluca is scenic, with culinary treasures, but it is also extremely slow. The post would give the impression that the sinuous, 2-lane blacktop, through the mountains, would be the best route, when, in fact, it is not.

esperanza

Jun 13, 2011, 9:43 PM

Post #6 of 6 (6100 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Linda L. Flad] Morelia-Cuernavaca

This is your very first post on Mexconnect...please take the time to read some other threads, you'll see that not everyone sticks to the topic all the time. We try (usually), but we don't always succeed.

Welcome to the forums, and have a good time here.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4