Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Mexican Kitchen

annadon7

Jun 5, 2011, 12:58 PM

Post #1 of 7 (19834 views)

Shortcut

Cooking classes in or around Guadalajara

Can't Post | Private Reply
Next November (American Thanksgiving week) we have friends arriving from the US who wish to take a good Mexican cooking class. It could be a day or two but not longer. Does anyone know who to contact or a good source for info? We live at Lake Chapala. Thanks in advance for any help.
anna and don

esperanza

Jun 5, 2011, 2:13 PM

Post #2 of 7 (19826 views)

Shortcut

Re: [annadon7] Cooking classes in or around Guadalajara

Contact Chef Rose Marie Plaschinski, who has operated a Guadalajara cooking school for nearly 30 years. For years she had her own TV cooking show. Bred and born in Guadalajara, she is a wonderful woman, a great cook and an excellent teacher. She speaks enough English for non Spanish speakers. Email her at cordonross@prodigy.net.mx. Tell her that Cristina sent you. She'll design something specifically for your friends' needs.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Bennie García

Jun 5, 2011, 2:18 PM

Post #3 of 7 (19822 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Cooking classes in or around Guadalajara

She didn't have a school for 30 years and she didn't have her own TV show for years either.

Although you have exaggerated her credentials she is still quite capable. I believe although she is no longer teaching but may be willing to work something out.

(This post was edited by Bennie García on Jun 5, 2011, 2:26 PM)

DavidHF

Jun 5, 2011, 3:18 PM

Post #4 of 7 (19809 views)

Shortcut

The Friday Mural has a section entitled Buena Mesa. In it you will find ads for culinary classes in Guadalajara.

esperanza

Jun 5, 2011, 6:23 PM

Post #5 of 7 (19786 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bennie García] Cooking classes in or around Guadalajara

Bennie, do you know her? I believe that my information is correct. I've known Chef Rose Marie quite well for about seven years and have worked closely with her on various projects. She founded the first professional cooking school in Jalisco (Cordon Rose) as well as having her own television program, A Tiempo, on Canal 6. I know that she is currently immersed in another project, but I also know that she has and will continue to make time for people who are interested in cooking classes.

Read more about her here: http://mexicocooks.typepad.com/...rose-marie-plas.html

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Bennie García

Jun 5, 2011, 7:30 PM

Post #6 of 7 (19768 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Cooking classes in or around Guadalajara

Yes, I know her.

annadon7

Jun 8, 2011, 8:30 AM

Post #7 of 7 (19713 views)

Shortcut

Thanks to all of you. I will contact the lady in Guadalajara and tell her that Cristina referred me and I will check the Mural as we get closer to November. You were a great help. It gives me a jumping off point and I appreciate that.
anna and don

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4