Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

wego2mexico

May 30, 2011, 6:12 PM

Post #1 of 5 (6514 views)

Shortcut

taxes

Can't Post | Private Reply
How much will you have to pay if you were to bring Apparel into the US of A? How do they(US) determine what will you pay on taxes? Is it by weight? Value? Both? I'm planning to bring in apparel. Is there anyone that could give me a lead to find out more accurate info on import duty? I tried calling the customs, but its a lot of red tape. I wish I could just go to the border and step in the office and talk to customs personally. But I can't do that at the moment. Could anyone give me leads for more accurate and specific info? Thank you

(This post was edited by wego2mexico on May 30, 2011, 6:15 PM)

chinagringo

May 30, 2011, 6:22 PM

Post #2 of 5 (6505 views)

Shortcut

Re: [wego2mexico] taxes

You might give serious thought to discussing your questions with a customs broker at the point of entry where you plan to import. A simple GOOGLE search for customs brokers in a given area will generally provide you with desired results.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

julianm

May 31, 2011, 11:21 AM

Post #3 of 5 (6436 views)

Shortcut

Here's a resource I use to classify goods and calculate US import tariffs:

http://hts.usitc.gov/

Saludos,
Julian

(This post was edited by julianm on May 31, 2011, 11:21 AM)

Mexberry

Jun 1, 2011, 8:29 PM

Post #4 of 5 (6276 views)

Shortcut

If the clothing is manufactured in Mexico, then under NAFTA there are no duties importing into the US. Obtain the advice of a customs broker if I were you
Mexberry

Don Gringo

Jun 2, 2011, 8:17 PM

Post #5 of 5 (6184 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Mexberry] taxes

If it is used. There is no import tax. Just have to convince the Aduana it is used and looks to be for personal use. Check Aduana website for more legal explanations of this. Just my experience.
Lived for 35 months in Mexico. I feel like I paid my dues...

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4