Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

Dreamer Blue

May 14, 2011, 8:44 AM

Post #1 of 11 (10768 views)

Shortcut

La Paz, BCS development frenzy

Can't Post | Private Reply
Just received an invitation to attend a press event to be held in La Paz on June 14th. It involves announcing $1.5 BILLION in development. I would go except I am not sure I am going to like La Paz after that kind of development takes place!
Here's part of the blurb:
the press event, which will take place the evening of June 14th, involves
- unveiling the La Paz logo and branding campaign.
- announcements of the $1.5 billion in planned development.
- dignitaries and officials discussing the low level of violent crime in La Paz and South Baja.
- Sunset ceremony involving local La Paz children welcoming the world with song.

La Paz

May 14, 2011, 1:54 PM

Post #2 of 11 (10714 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Dreamer Blue] La Paz, BCS development frenzy

WHO? WHERE? More info on WHAT, please. IMO, you're right in that La Paz needs more/better control over new developments & enforcement of existing laws & regulations more than it needs any more new developments added to an already over-burdened infrastructure.

Dreamer Blue

May 14, 2011, 6:48 PM

Post #3 of 11 (10670 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Paz] La Paz, BCS development frenzy

I don't have any further information - just the invitation to attend the press function. I guess we will have to wait till June 14th to find out.

mexliving

May 21, 2011, 8:41 PM

Post #4 of 11 (10506 views)

Shortcut

1.5 billion dollar development???? with todays current economic conditions, i would be very carefull with any company advertizing a development like that.

maybe if it was constructora carlos sleum...........then i would believe it...

sorry

chicois8

May 22, 2011, 6:16 AM

Post #5 of 11 (10483 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mexliving] La Paz, BCS development frenzy

Mexliving, what does this mean? "maybe if it was constructora carlos sleum"

Dreamer Blue

May 22, 2011, 6:50 AM

Post #6 of 11 (10477 views)

Shortcut

Don't be sorry!
It's a press release - we will see what the fuss is all about in June when the "event" happens. There are certainly a number of major developments happening in the La Paz area and it may be that they have combined them all to come up with that figure. I would like to think so as I happen to love La Paz as it was a few years back and would like to think it might survive with some of it's personality intact. On the other hand, it seems to have been designated as a major tourist destination by Fonatur so who knows.
June should be interesting.

chicois8

May 22, 2011, 7:24 AM

Post #7 of 11 (10472 views)

Shortcut

I am not a betting man but if I were I might put a few pesos on the new development being at Bahia de Balandra, that beautiful cove north of town just before Tecolote Beach, I heard the fences are going up already...
Que Lastima

mexliving

May 27, 2011, 10:34 PM

Post #8 of 11 (10295 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chicois8] La Paz, BCS development frenzy

constructora carlos sleum means its backed by a mexican billionare and the project is real............... anyone saying there is a 1.5 billion dollar development is simply out of current market conditions...

i would like to see the website or picture of their billboard.....

sorry if i piss anyone off... but we all have read the article about donald trumps baja project... everyone that gave a down payment of 50% lost their money....

Dreamer Blue

May 28, 2011, 6:33 AM

Post #9 of 11 (10278 views)

Shortcut

Seems like we are creating our own mini-frenzy but June 14th is not too far away so we should have the answers soon. Meanwhile, it seems not too many travel writers are interested (I am one of those) as this arrived in my in-box two days ago. No further info as to exactly what they are talking about so we will have to continue to speculate. Remember, this is a PR firm that is charged with drumming up interest in what ever project or projects are involved and they obviously have a fairly large budget to play with.

"La Paz: City Of Peace On The Sea Of Cortez Fam Trip Jun 13-15th
Paolucci Communication Arts still needs a few more specialized travel editors/writers/bloggers to come with us as we introduce the peaceful city of La Paz, Mexico to the world.
We are looking for the following to fill out our Fam Trip:
- Additional writers with real estate and architecture/design contacts to tell the story of La Paz or focus on the architectural aspects of one individual hotel/development.
- Several more writers or producers connected with syndicated radio travel shows.
- Freelance writers with connections with major US men's and women's magazines.

We will be departing Los Angeles International Airport midday on Monday June 13th and returning Wednesday June 15th. Accommodations, food, everything will be paid for. If not allowed by your publication, we can still send you an independent invite.
Please have a valid passport.
The press event, which will take place the evening of June 14th, involves;
- unveiling the La Paz logo and branding campaign.
- announcements of the $1.5 billion in planned development.
- dignitaries and officials discussing the low level of violent crime in La Paz and South Baja.
- Sunset ceremony involving local La Paz children welcoming the world with song.
Tours will be given of the new developments, properties, oceanfront, fishing etc. A yacht party for media is also being planned......."

Dreamer Blue

May 28, 2011, 1:42 PM

Post #10 of 11 (10245 views)

Shortcut

For those too impatient to wait till June 14th, here is some info I dug up re the PR company. No guarantee of accuracy I'm afraid but its interesting.

Paolucci Communication Arts, www.paoluccicommarts.com, is a southern California marketing and PR firm hired by PCS Development, www.pcsdevelopment.com, to promote their development at Bahia De Los Sueños, www.bahiasueños.com, located 35 miles southeast of La Paz and 30 miles north of Los Barriles on the Sea of Cortez (Map). The development will offer 600 upscale residences, two marinas, a fishing club, an 18-hole golf course, resort hotels and spas.

chicois8

May 28, 2011, 5:05 PM

Post #11 of 11 (10230 views)

Shortcut

Sounds like the promo done in Loreto a few years back,=mexican village,golf course,desalinization plant, where are the villages of Loreto now, maybe with Trumps project, nowhere...

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4