May 28, 2011, 6:33 AM
Post #9 of 11
Seems like we are creating our own mini-frenzy but June 14th is not too far away so we should have the answers soon. Meanwhile, it seems not too many travel writers are interested (I am one of those) as this arrived in my in-box two days ago. No further info as to exactly what they are talking about so we will have to continue to speculate. Remember, this is a PR firm that is charged with drumming up interest in what ever project or projects are involved and they obviously have a fairly large budget to play with.
Re: [mexliving] La Paz, BCS development frenzy
Can't Post | Private Reply
"La Paz: City Of Peace On The Sea Of Cortez Fam Trip Jun 13-15th
Paolucci Communication Arts still needs a few more specialized travel editors/writers/bloggers to come with us as we introduce the peaceful city of La Paz, Mexico to the world.
We are looking for the following to fill out our Fam Trip:
- Additional writers with real estate and architecture/design contacts to tell the story of La Paz or focus on the architectural aspects of one individual hotel/development.
- Several more writers or producers connected with syndicated radio travel shows.
- Freelance writers with connections with major US men's and women's magazines.
We will be departing Los Angeles International Airport midday on Monday June 13th and returning Wednesday June 15th. Accommodations, food, everything will be paid for. If not allowed by your publication, we can still send you an independent invite.
Please have a valid passport.
The press event, which will take place the evening of June 14th, involves;
- unveiling the La Paz logo and branding campaign.
- announcements of the $1.5 billion in planned development.
- dignitaries and officials discussing the low level of violent crime in La Paz and South Baja.
- Sunset ceremony involving local La Paz children welcoming the world with song.
Tours will be given of the new developments, properties, oceanfront, fishing etc. A yacht party for media is also being planned......."