Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

tnp123me

May 4, 2011, 12:18 PM

Post #1 of 5 (8143 views)

Shortcut

Not retiring, but looking for casita with yard in baja california

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi Everyone,

I am a young female with a dog that is interested in moving from San Diego to Baja anywhere between playas de tijuana and puerto nuevo). I have been searching for affordable long term rentals for some time now but can only seem to find expat enclaves, which consist mostly of condos.

After visiting baja and viewing rentals, I decided to contact others as I am now aware that the best way to find a rental home is through someone.

I am looking for a furnished 1 bedroom (studio would be ok as well) that has a fenced secure yard for my dog and is within walking distance to the beach. It does not have to be a luxury American style rental. But I definitely do not want something that is decrepit, sordid, smelly, mildewed etc. Furnished should include stove and refrigerator as I do not intend to move my belongings until after 6 months if I decide to stay permanently.

Also, anyone in their 20's or 30's who is willing to give some insight on their personal experiences living in baja would be greatly appreciated. I have searched forums diligently and can only seem to find info. for retiring expats.

Thank you!!

davidkrug

Aug 30, 2011, 11:39 AM

Post #2 of 5 (6076 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tnp123me] Not retiring, but looking for casita with yard in baja california

I liked baja during my time there. I lived in Rosarito and Tijuana. Two very different places than from where I live now.

I'm not "retired" either. But enjoy life here in Mexico. The best place for looking for rentals in Baja is http://www.vivastreet.com.mx/ and Craigslist.

Good luck on your search and feel free to send me a private message if you have specific questions about living in Rosarito or Tijuana!

Retirement: World's longest coffee break. ~Author Unknown
Visit Me Online at: DavidKrug.org

RickS

Aug 30, 2011, 6:32 PM

Post #3 of 5 (6045 views)

Shortcut

Re: [davidkrug] Not retiring, but looking for casita with yard in baja california

david, just as a head's-up..... don't know if you noticed.

You have replied to a couple of pretty old posts (such as this one) as if they might have been 'just be posted'. If you don't get a response to your question/statement it may be that those folks have long ago hung it up. There is a date and time of each post listed right under the posters name.

Otherwise, welcome aboard....

jessica.arrizon

Sep 23, 2011, 1:30 PM

Post #4 of 5 (5694 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tnp123me] Not retiring, but looking for casita with yard in baja california

I have been living in Otay (Tijuana) since April 2011. My husband and I found it a bit dificult finding any place to rent that already came with appliances. We ended up having to get our own refrigerator.
We live in condos on the first floor. If it is something you may be interested in, they are very nice: custom cabinets in the kitchen, tile work, large windows, gated and secured parking structure. It has 5 floors but you can take the elevator to the top. If your interested, I think our manager has another condo that he is renting out on the 5th floor. No yard.

robt65

Oct 30, 2011, 5:40 AM

Post #5 of 5 (4887 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jessica.arrizon] Not retiring, but looking for casita with yard in baja california

Jessica.arrizon,

Your response seems to be 180 degrees out from what the OP was looking for . . . . . . why?

robt65

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4