Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

prmjcm

Apr 25, 2011, 7:26 AM

Post #1 of 4 (3922 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am thinking about getting skype, was wondering if anyone out there is using it, I want to use it to connect to landline in the US, my computer is broadband dowmload speed is 1.76 mps, upload .32 mps was wondering about voice quality and ease of conecting, will not be using viedo.

Rolly

Apr 25, 2011, 7:54 AM

Post #2 of 4 (3915 views)

Shortcut

Re: [prmjcm] skype

My DSL speeds are about the same as yours, and my Skype works fine. The voice quality is good.
I also have a phone number in Los Angeles so friends and family can call me via Skype. That also works well.

Rolly Pirate

johanson / Moderator

Apr 25, 2011, 9:30 AM

Post #3 of 4 (3900 views)

Shortcut

As Rolly said, you've got plenty of reserve speed with your 2 Meg connection (and from your upload speed, I would guess that you have Telmex's $ 599 peso 2meg package.

We are a small ISP, and if you can believe it, we actually have a few customers who still have dialup which is much slower, and even they can use Skype but because dialup is so slow they experience some problems. But it's still useable

joaquinx

Apr 25, 2011, 11:44 AM

Post #4 of 4 (3885 views)

Shortcut

Go ahead and download the Skype software and signup to get an id. Once you've done that you can use "Skype Test Call", which if free to use, to test the quality of your connection. Once you are satisfied, you can then fund your account to make calls to landlines and cellphones.

The subscription "Mexico Unlimited" 7usd per month will give you discounted calls to landlines and cellphones in Mexico and free calls to the US and Canada.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4