Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

guapo

Apr 22, 2011, 7:04 PM

Post #1 of 7 (9508 views)

Shortcut

Colima house rentals

Can't Post | Private Reply
Buen día, estoy en la búsqueda de alojamiento en viviendas de alquiler en Colima, Mexico y sus alrededores durante un mes, seis meses y doce meses. Me gustaría tener esta amueblado, con uno o dos dormitorios. Tengo la intención de llegar a Colima en las próximas semanas. Puede ponerse en contacto conmigo en la dirección de correo electrónico, noosb1070@gmail.com. Espero con interés de trabajar con su agencia.
Atentamente,
Norm Norman

Good Day,
I am in pursuit of rental housing accommodations in Colima, Mexico or surrounding areas for one month, six months, and twelve months. I would like to have this furnished, with one or two bedrooms. I am planning to arrive in Colima in the next few weeks. You can contact me at email address, noosb1070@gmail.com. I look forward with working with your agency.
Sincerely,
Norm Norman

jerezano

Apr 25, 2011, 1:54 PM

Post #2 of 7 (9397 views)

Shortcut

Re: [guapo] Colima house rentals

Hello Norm Norman,

Your post shows that you are not familiar at all with rentals here in Mexico.

First of all, no rental contract is legal for less than two years! And they must be in pesos! So says the law, which, of course is completely ignored. For your purposes it is not existent.

Secondly, most rentals are bare bones. Sometimes even the toilet and sink are missing.

Thirdly, Furnished rentals are usually available only in Tourist towns like Puerto Vallarta, or large cities such as Monterrey, Guadalajara, Mexico City and some of the smaller cities. Short term rentals will be available, usually a minimum of 3 months unless it really is a Tourist Trap. These furnished rentals will be small apartment type and be sure and count the sheets, blankets, and other objects included. The agent will sometimes short you on the inventory but when you check out you have signed for its receipt so you pay.

In still smaller cities can you find furnished rentals? Yes, you can, but usually NOT through a rental agency or real estate agent. You will need to read the newspaper classifieds in Colima. Too, you will need to pound the streets and look, talk to strangers, ask about rentals in the barrios that you decide you wish to live in.

Does Colima City even have a real estate agency? I don't know, but you will be able to find out from the local newspapers.

Basic furniture including a small refigerator and stove, bed, table and chairs and perhaps an easy chair or two will cost you less three thousand us dollars. Quality is basic, of course.

Come down. Check into a family type, economic hotel, use that as a base, read the classifieds, talk to Colima residents and ASK, ASK, ASK.

You will be able to find something, no doubt about it. Colima is a University town with one of the best universities in the country and probably a library even better than usual. It is also a fairly rich town. It is also hot unless you live up-slope on the volcano. It is close to beaches, some of which are excellent surfing beaches, but the children's beaches are few and overcrowded.

Make a google search for Periodicos, Colima, Colima and one or two will pop-up. The newspapers will be in Spanish, but they do have a classified section and rentals will be listed. The apartment or house will be described but many times the price will not be posted. Se venta is for sale and Se renta is for rent.

Good luck, jerezano

Rolly

Apr 25, 2011, 2:38 PM

Post #3 of 7 (9384 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jerezano] Colima house rentals

no rental contract is legal for less than two years! That is not always the case.
Rental laws are mostly state matters and vary from state to state.
You can fins more details here: http://rollybrook.com/...g_renting.htm#leasen

Rolly Pirate

La Isla

Apr 25, 2011, 7:34 PM

Post #4 of 7 (9352 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Colima house rentals

That's right, Rolly. In Mexico City, I have a one-year lease, renewable, of course, and so does my neighbor across the hall. We both have the same landlord, by the way.

Axixic

Apr 30, 2011, 7:05 AM

Post #5 of 7 (9228 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
Good Day,
I am in pursuit of rental housing accommodations in Colima, Mexico or surrounding areas for one month, six months, and twelve months. I would like to have this furnished, with one or two bedrooms. I am planning to arrive in Colima in the next few weeks. You can contact me at email address, noosb1070@gmail.com. I look forward with working with your agency.
Sincerely,
Norm Norman

You might want to look at this site:

Shortened URL for Colima, Colima rentals on Vivastreet:
http://tinyurl.com/6c7aafe

In Reply To

guapo

Apr 30, 2011, 7:35 AM

Post #6 of 7 (9213 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Axixic] Colima house rentals

thank you for the information. this will help after i arrive. hopefully i can find a place to stay while i am looking...

Mexberry

Apr 30, 2011, 7:49 AM

Post #7 of 7 (9204 views)

Shortcut

Try vrbo.com ( vacation rental by owner) . We have booked several apts. through this site. Enjoy Colima, it is a pleasant town close to the coast and has a university and a large IMSS hospital.
Mexberry.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4