Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

Brian

Apr 14, 2011, 6:35 AM

Post #1 of 5 (7974 views)

Shortcut

"You can't go home again"

Can't Post | Private Reply
I live in Austin but my heart is still in Mexico. I used to love the freedom to drive anywhere, especially through the small towns and villages. When driving to the border, my wife and I deliberately chose to take the free roads eschewing the cuotas so as not to miss the local flavor along the roads. The following link contains a video about the route we always took when driving to Texas from San Miguel. I know it like the back of my hand...or at least I used to. "Somehow this don't seem like home anymore."

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/...unicipal-police.html

Brian

Sent from my iPad

(This post was edited by Rolly on Apr 14, 2011, 8:25 AM)

robt65

Apr 14, 2011, 7:58 AM

Post #2 of 5 (7947 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Brian] "You can't go home again"

Hello Brian,

I too used to really enjoy taking MX route 101 from Matamoros to Tampico and after moving our family from Altamira to Queretaro, I used to go from Matamoros to Victoria and then west through Tula and San Luis Potosi. No more. Plain and simple . . . . it is no longer a safe option. IMHO

robt65

(This post was edited by robt65 on May 4, 2011, 4:45 PM)

Dollie

May 3, 2011, 6:32 PM

Post #3 of 5 (7486 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robt65] "You can't go home again"

this breaks my heart. :(

robt65

May 3, 2011, 8:49 PM

Post #4 of 5 (7440 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Dollie] "You can't go home again"

Hello Dollie,

I couldn't agree with you more. While I am now happy living with my family in another state, It is a sad day indeed when a person cannot roam freely. A sad commentary. Like Bin Laden, their day will come. Someday the Mexican people will tire of this way of life, and will for sure rebel. God rest the souls of the cartels, when that day comes.

robt65

alex .

May 13, 2011, 7:48 PM

Post #5 of 5 (7089 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Brian] not so great here either

At least twice per day, sometimes as many as six times, I have to stop at CBP roadblock where my US citizenship may be challenged. I dont like it one bit. We are supposed to be able to travel freely amongst the US states.........

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4