Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Southern Mexico

melodyfromwashington

Apr 10, 2011, 12:51 AM

Post #1 of 2 (5459 views)

Shortcut

any expats with kids in Merida vicinity? We will be there in June

Can't Post | Private Reply
My family will be heading down to the Merida area, Chelem, in June. We have a beach house rented for just that month. We plan to look around the area, and if we like it, we want to live there for a while. We homeschool, and would love to meet other native english speaking expat families with kids, homeschooled or not. If you know of any American/Canadian families anywhere near the Merida area, please respond. We dont know anyone down there yet. But we can not remain here in the Monterrey area any longer.

We would love to hear from anyone in that area, kids or not. Thanks a bunch!

Melody from Washington/Oregon area

yucatandreamer

Apr 10, 2011, 8:27 AM

Post #2 of 2 (5442 views)

Shortcut

Re: [melodyfromwashington] any expats with kids in Merida vicinity? We will be there in June

Can't Post | Private Reply
There are thousands of expats in Merida. Check out the Merida English Language Library. There are quite a few people with children. Chelem has many expats but I have no idea how many are full time. I believe that most are snowbirds but there will be expats in Chelem full time. Merida English Language Library Calle 53 x66 y68 has a get together called MELL-O-NITE on the third Friday of each month. You can go and meet folks there anytime. Post your message on Yolisto, a forum site specific to Merida and particularly the beach. This will be your best resource.

Merida English Library and Yolisto can be found by using Google.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4