Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

T

Apr 6, 2011, 3:41 PM

Post #1 of 8 (4164 views)

Shortcut

Clinically depressed

Can't Post | Private Reply
Have a friend that fits the criteria. Where do do I go, what do I do to help him? He has serious deformities from severe Rheumatoid arthritis, has had many, many surgeries. Now , he will not leave the house, as he is embarrassed to be seen in public, even though I will go with him and am proud to call him my friend. His physical deformities have now become psychological. I am the only person he confides in and I do not know what to do. Please help me T.

vetteforron

Apr 6, 2011, 4:18 PM

Post #2 of 8 (4141 views)

Shortcut

Re: [T] Clinically depressed

Post on chapala.com and I bet you will get a reply. Someone about a week ago asked about forming support groups for cancer and other illness. I think the person said he or she was a trained therapist. I can't remember exactly. Good luck to your friend.

T

Apr 6, 2011, 5:11 PM

Post #3 of 8 (4125 views)

Shortcut

Re: [vetteforron] Clinically depressed

I am no longer allowed to post on Chapala.com due to a controversy over a restaurant review. Believe it ot not. T

Gringal

Apr 7, 2011, 6:39 AM

Post #4 of 8 (4043 views)

Shortcut

T: Your friend obviously needs help, but would he be willing to see a therapist in the first place? If he would, may I suggest that you look in the Lake Chapala Society Directory Yellow Pages under Physicians. There are some listed who specialize in troubles of the mind as well as the body.

Most family doctors in this area can give you a referral, too.

simpsca

Apr 7, 2011, 2:50 PM

Post #5 of 8 (3945 views)

Shortcut

The husband of my dermatologist is a Psychologist who was educated in the US and lived in New Mexico. He speaks excellent English and if I were depressed he is the one I would go to, although I haven't tried him. They are out here on Mondays and might be able to stop by and see your friend. I have no idea what he charges but you can call and find out.

His name is Jorge Velasco (Gorge in English). His cell phone is 045 331 221 1849. And you can speak to him in English. Since they are here on Monday's you could call Yoli's - they go to the office above Yoli's in the morning and they will transfer your call upstairs. The phone number on Monday is 766-2260. If he wants to know who referred you - just say Carolyn Dr. Marta's patient.

When Dr. Marta was explaining to me that her husband is a psychologist, she said there is a new method of psychotherapy that is very rapid. Any way if it were me I would give him a try.

(This post was edited by simpsca on Apr 7, 2011, 2:51 PM)

DavidMcL

Apr 7, 2011, 3:54 PM

Post #6 of 8 (3922 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Clinically depressed

As discussion of other forums and moderators is not what happens on the MXC forums, I have deleted a number of posts which were.
David McL
WebJefe

Zardoz

Apr 8, 2011, 5:38 AM

Post #7 of 8 (3854 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidMcL] Clinically depressed

David post depresses me actually yea we were bad sorry.

stevebrtx

Apr 8, 2011, 6:24 AM

Post #8 of 8 (3846 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Zardoz] Clinically depressed

Si, an extra heaping helping for me as well.
http://www.chapalaweather.net

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4