Forums  > General > General Forum
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

prorader

Mar 31, 2011, 1:02 PM

Post #1 of 46 (12945 views)

Shortcut

CURP and Gringos

| Private Reply
Before talked about this nice small town that I live in , and they have a Curp office. I went and was told Curp is for Mexicans you can not have one, the same happened at the DIF office for the senior discount card it is for Mexicans only of course this isn't lake chapala, I went across into Jalisco and registered my truck for 2011 but they didn't give me a window sticker, they said I had to go to Chapala, of course the truck is registered in Chapala but same state, looks like 32 country's with the name of Mexico anything to do with federal is governed by the state

Rolly

Mar 31, 2011, 1:16 PM

Post #2 of 46 (12930 views)

Shortcut

Re: [prorader] CURP and Gringos

| Private Reply
You sure were give a bunch of wrong information. I have a CURP and many non-citizens enjoy DIF things, including me -- I have a DIF issued handicap parking sticker on my truck.

Rolly Pirate

prorader

Mar 31, 2011, 1:42 PM

Post #3 of 46 (12921 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] CURP and Gringos

| Private Reply
Thanks Rolly but of course this is the country of Michoacán, Mexico, I guess I should get someone and a few days in Chapala to help me out. The stupid parts are most people here don't have drivers licenses, don't pay taxes, nothing odd about a 10 year old boy tooling down the road in an F150 or being the top graduate of Intermediate school. Milk cows or make cheese that is it. All I am trying to do is be a good person doing the right things, and stupid you can't even bribe these people. I have my ladies 17 year old son somehow manages to make $140.00 pesos most weeks some no, trying to run away but

La Isla

Mar 31, 2011, 1:49 PM

Post #4 of 46 (12916 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] CURP and Gringos

| Private Reply
Too bad prorader has been given the runaround about being eligible for a CURP and INAPAM benefits. No problem in Mexico City getting either. I love getting all sorts of discounts with my INAPAM card! I hope that prorader is able to get one eventually.

T

Apr 1, 2011, 2:47 PM

Post #5 of 46 (12770 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Your last sentence says it all, and is very true. The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing, and even if they did, it does not matter. regardless of federal law, each state, and worse yet, each municipality operates on its own. I live in Ajijic, on an Fm3 and was told I had to have my CURP for IMSS , FM3 renewal and even got my cell phone shut off until I got my Curp. Getting the CURP was a piece of cake. Took about five minutes. Laugh or leave, as I do not know any other choices. I am still able to laugh. Sorry for what happened to you, as it was clearly wrong. I have no idea if you have any recourse over the misinformation given to you. I would suggest that you try again and avoid the folks who misinformed you, hoping for folks that really know what they are doing. Yup, it is a longshot. Best wishes, T

prorader

Apr 1, 2011, 3:22 PM

Post #6 of 46 (12752 views)

Shortcut

Re: [T] CURP and Gringos

| Private Reply
I am thinking that I need to make a trip to Ajijjic used to live there. I am about 1 1/2 hours away probably come on Wednesday go to the market and get some used paperbacks no books here period. My lawyer lives in Chapala, and my dear old friend Pete lives in Ajijjic. Will need directions and times on where to go for the Curp card. Believe me in this state being a Gringo is like being from mars, they are working in official jobs with little or no knowledge of the official regulations or the Mexican law. I go on the internet and in 15 minutes have copies in english and spanish on the law and the regulations and they can't even rad the spanish version. an example is this

Sorry same subject different card but the same results. On the Curp, posters from Lake Chapala say a passport and or FM3 and 5 minutes have a Curp card. Here they are asking for an Apositle and Birth certificate in Spanish, but the only Notory here doesn't do translations, why you ask probably because I am the only Gringo and the service isn't used

Requirements for INAPAM Card
Be 60 years or older at the date of issuance of the card Inapam. In order to verify the age , you must submit the original and copy any of the following documents:

• IFE.
• Credential ISSSTE.
• Passport.
• Military service card.
• Driver's License.
• Professional Certificate.
• Credential or IMSS card with photo (showing date of birth).

The person says to me see this is for Mexicans only? I say why does a Mexican need to show you a passport or a military ID, I have both plus a Mexican drivers license

and further down the page says and for foreigners an FM3 is required

What a joke, the Mexican government needs to take control of federal matters and make the states and cities take care of there own matters.

(This post was edited by prorader on Apr 1, 2011, 3:30 PM)

panama john

Apr 1, 2011, 5:54 PM

Post #7 of 46 (12725 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
IF YOU HAVE AN FM3 CARD, THE CURP # IS ON IT.

prorader

Apr 1, 2011, 6:03 PM

Post #8 of 46 (12718 views)

Shortcut

Re: [panama john] CURP and Gringos

| Private Reply
I have an FM3 card issued in Guad last month under my birth date, it says CURP, the numbers on the back do not represent a Curp number, this was issued by the office in Guad by a supervisor so I don't know

tashby

Apr 1, 2011, 6:12 PM

Post #9 of 46 (12715 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

What a joke

I agree.

It's sounds like you're having difficulty getting something done that's very simple. Maybe you should take a simple person along with you so you can overcome the difficulties?

Good luck.

prorader

Apr 1, 2011, 6:29 PM

Post #10 of 46 (12705 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tashby] CURP and Gringos

| Private Reply
This is Michoacán not gringo Jelisco, Gringos here are not the same with services, because they don't deal with us so respect and ok is fine but to government we are frrom Mars before I stated that there was 32 countries all with the Federal name of Mexico but are as different as ther individual names, as to law and regulations they do what they think they are total different countries in most cases it is what they under payed, under educated clerks say is what is, local and federal is power over the un educated people this is Mexico

prorader

Apr 2, 2011, 11:00 AM

Post #11 of 46 (12598 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Who in Ajijic or Chapala has gotten a Curp card. Please tell me where to go, and documents used or needed. Here they want a mexican translated Apostile and Birth Certificate. I have an FM3, Mexican Drivers License, Passport. Do I need proof of address like a rental agreement? My truck is registered in Chapala with a Chapala address on it. To get a translated birth certificate I have to drive 4 hours round trip and pay $800.00 pesos

jrpierce

Apr 2, 2011, 11:13 AM

Post #12 of 46 (12594 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
I don't know where in Michoacán you live, Prorader, however I live in Morelia, Michoacán, and had no difficulty obtaining a CURP nor an INAPAM card here.

prorader

Apr 2, 2011, 11:32 AM

Post #13 of 46 (12588 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jrpierce] CURP and Gringos

| Private Reply
I am at the other end San Jose de Gracia 7K from Mazamitla closer to Chapala then to you

T

Apr 2, 2011, 1:29 PM

Post #14 of 46 (12555 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
If you are coming into Ajijic to get your CURP number, go to the Police station on the southwest corner of the plaza. Make two copies of picture page of passport, both sides of FM3 card and proof of residence Nothing to it. In and out and you will be asked to make a 10 peso donation to maintain the copy machine. Normal office hours Monday - Friday. Not sure if they close between 2 and 4. DIF and INAPAM are available in Chapala. DIF is easy to get INAPAM is next to impossible. Good luck. T PS, if you have renewed your FM3 and have the new plastic card, the CURP number on it is correct. At least that was my experience. T

T

Apr 2, 2011, 1:35 PM

Post #15 of 46 (12551 views)

Shortcut

Re: [panama john] CURP and Gringos

| Private Reply
You are absolutely correct. However, my experience is that for those of us who have IMSS, you need the original CURP form, as I did not have my new plastic FM3 card accepted. T.

T

Apr 2, 2011, 1:41 PM

Post #16 of 46 (12549 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Hope I have provided answers to most of your questions. The only queation that sticks in my mind is can a resident of another state come into Jalisco to get his CURP. I would think so, as this is a national card, but do not know for sure. Maybe, someone else does. T

prorader

Apr 2, 2011, 1:57 PM

Post #17 of 46 (12540 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
It is strange I have the new FM3 issued in Guad, under my date of birth is the word CURP on the back with a string of 18 number and letters but it isn't a Curp number the only letters are an M last 3 letters USA the rest are numbers, using the software on the internet it gave what should be my Curp number only it isn't registered by the way my truck is registered in Chapala with a Chapala address. Is the Curp issued at the big Mayors building in Chapala?

(This post was edited by prorader on Apr 2, 2011, 2:01 PM)

T

Apr 2, 2011, 2:10 PM

Post #18 of 46 (12529 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Think you are right. Does not sound like a CURP number to me, either. I do not know where CURP numbers are issued in Chapala, as I live in Ajijic and got mine here. T

prorader

Apr 2, 2011, 2:17 PM

Post #19 of 46 (12523 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Then what you are saying is at the plaza the police building accross from Bancomer is where to get the card

prorader

Apr 2, 2011, 2:24 PM

Post #20 of 46 (12518 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
The only prove of address is my truck registration it has a Chapala address

Rolly

Apr 2, 2011, 2:26 PM

Post #21 of 46 (12518 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
When I got my new FM2 card, it had a CURP number on it.
I checked the number in this website.
It is correct and registered.

Here is how a CURP is built: Thank you Wikipedia.

The CURP code is composed of 18 characters that are assigned as follows:
  • The first surname's initial and first inside vowel;
  • The second surname's initial (or the letter "X" if, like some foreign nationals, the person has no second surname);
  • The first given name's initial;
  • Date of birth (2 digits for year, 2 digits for month, and 2 digits for day);
  • A one-letter gender indicator (H for male (hombre in Spanish) or M for female (mujer in Spanish));
  • A two-letter code for the state where the person was born; for persons born abroad, the code NE (nacido en el extranjero) is used;
  • The first surname's first inside consonant;
  • The second surname's first inside consonant;
  • The first given name's first inside consonant; and
  • Two characters ranging from 1-9 for people born before 2000 or from A-Z for people born since 2000; these characters are generated to prevent identical entries.

Rolly Pirate

La Isla

Apr 2, 2011, 2:33 PM

Post #22 of 46 (12508 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To
DIF and INAPAM are available in Chapala. DIF is easy to get INAPAM is next to impossible.

I have an INAPAM card, which was easy to get in Mexico City. What is a DIF?

T

Apr 2, 2011, 2:40 PM

Post #23 of 46 (12504 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
In Ajijic, that is the only place. T

T

Apr 2, 2011, 2:49 PM

Post #24 of 46 (12497 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Isla] CURP and Gringos

| Private Reply
Not sure,as I do not have one, but think DIF is just for the state in which you live and INAPAM is recognized nationally. I will never get either one. As a foreigner living only on SS, I believe we foreigners should not be entitled to these cards, but they should be for the elderly Mexican people only. I can afford bus fare, air fare, meds, movies, etc. and do not believe, that I ,as a foreigner, should be asking the Mexican government to subsidize anything that I do, buy or travel to. Just my thoughts. T

T

Apr 2, 2011, 2:50 PM

Post #25 of 46 (12496 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tashby] CURP and Gringos

| Private Reply
I think the poster is very sincere and you should apologize. T
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4