Shortcut

Post deleted by Administrator |

mexicobuff

Apr 3, 2011, 12:55 PM

Post #3 of 6 (6904 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bienchida] Naturopathic Doctors, Organic food, vitamins, herbs in GDL

Can't Post | Private Reply
There are many, many homeopathic doctors in Guadalajara and all over Mexico--homeopathy is really popular here. I don't know about naturopathy, but probably that, too.

Organic food is not common here, although Walmart México has recently started carrying its own line.

Herbal medicines are extremely common, but perhaps not in the form you know them. You see lots of plants (and even animals!) for all kinds of diseases and conditions. Since it appears that you speak Spanish, it will be easy for you to ask. The Mercado Libertad (aka San Juan de Dios) in Guadalajara is a great source for these.

Vitamins are extremely expensive all over Mexico.
NB Email modified to avoid duplication with Esperanza's email of patalarga@gmail.com

tashby

Apr 3, 2011, 4:30 PM

Post #4 of 6 (6867 views)

Shortcut

What mexicobuff said. Guadalajara has pretty much everything, though some things are going to be harder to find and/or more expensive. (Vitamins, for example, are spendy here for some reason.) The GNC chain has several outlets in Guadalajara, if they happen to be one of the places you shop.

You're going to have to adapt to what's available locally sooner or later. So if I were you, I'd bring a large stash of whatever you feel is most important. Then, while you're working your way through the stash, begin exploring what's available, especially alternatives.

It's all about adapting.

gsherwin

Apr 4, 2011, 8:49 AM

Post #5 of 6 (6821 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tashby] Naturopathic Doctors, Organic food, vitamins, herbs in GDL

I live in GDL and I have a homeopathic doctor. She speaks no English.
The Mercado is filled with strange and exotic herbs and I can only guess the uses.
There are Ma and Pa Mexican natural food/herbal remedy places.
There are global franchises such as GNC.
Best advice was to store up what you want to buy time to discover the Mexican equivalent.
Welcome to GDL...
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
Sea usted mismo, los demás ya está tomada.
Oscar Wilde

barontjk

May 11, 2011, 8:32 PM

Post #6 of 6 (6353 views)

Shortcut

I live in Guada. and my wife's family knows a homeopathic doctor they really like. I can get you the name and address if you come and want to try him. He's a nice a guy.

I use Tom's of Maine toothpaste, and they don't have it here. I have a friend bring it down from Cali. when he visits family there.

You might also want to stock up on good sun screen. The good/strong stuff can be tough to find here.

Safe travels,

t.k.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4