Forums  > General > General Forum
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

prorader

Apr 2, 2011, 2:51 PM

Post #26 of 46 (3950 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Isla] CURP and Gringos

| Private Reply
DIF is the federal program for infants and seniors that is where you got your INAPAM.

T

Apr 2, 2011, 2:56 PM

Post #27 of 46 (3946 views)

Shortcut

Re: [prorader] CURP and Gringos

| Private Reply
No lease, no deed, no utility bills, no Mexican bank account? You may need an attorney to get you through this. Mine are great and reasonable. Let me know. T.

La Isla

Apr 2, 2011, 3:01 PM

Post #28 of 46 (3942 views)

Shortcut

Re: [T] CURP and Gringos

| Private Reply

In Reply To
Not sure,as I do not have one, but think DIF is just for the state in which you live and INAPAM is recognized nationally. I will never get either one. As a foreigner living only on SS, I believe we foreigners should not be entitled to these cards, but they should be for the elderly Mexican people only. I can afford bus fare, air fare, meds, movies, etc. and do not believe, that I ,as a foreigner, should be asking the Mexican government to subsidize anything that I do, buy or travel to. Just my thoughts. T

I can understand your point of view, but my situation is different from yours. I receive a couple of small pensions from the States but also work in Mexico and pay taxes on my earnings (around 25%), so I donīt feel guilty about using my INAPAM card to get discounts at the movies, on long-distance buses, and so on. When I stop working, I will continue to use my card whenever and wherever I can. I don't believe the government subsidizes the discounts I get, but I could be wrong about that. When I pay 26 pesos to see a film instead of the full price, is the movie theater reimbursed by the government for the pesos I don't pay?

prorader

Apr 2, 2011, 3:08 PM

Post #29 of 46 (3936 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
I have all of that stuff but I live in Michoacan not Jalisco and it is Michoacan in my small minded town that is giving me the trouble I am the only gringo and far as government workers I don't exist. I will have to try my amigo in Chapala I have used his address for my truck which is registered at that address that is the only proof that I have right now

T

Apr 2, 2011, 3:14 PM

Post #30 of 46 (3936 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Great qustions, but as I do not want either card, I have no idea as to the answers to your questions. If you feel you deserve these cards, please enjoy them. We are just not agreeing. Not a big deal at all, as I have enjoyed many of your posts. Best wishes, T

Rolly

Apr 2, 2011, 3:18 PM

Post #31 of 46 (3932 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] CURP and Gringos

| Private Reply
Here is a list of offices where you can get a CURP The list is arranged by states, and it is long.

Rolly Pirate

prorader

Apr 2, 2011, 3:21 PM

Post #32 of 46 (3926 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
I may be wrong but everything I read is expect the Curp card to become mandatory,for anyone living in Mexico, for banking, Imss, and dealing with the Government, I think that maybe the votors registration card may go away.

T

Apr 2, 2011, 3:22 PM

Post #33 of 46 (3924 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Well, shoot. Give it a shot with what you have. You only live a couple of hours away. You may need to do a repeat visit. Why are you so upset and nervous? Maybe a Pm would be appropriate at this point, as your anxiety seems overwhelming. Best wishes, T

La Isla

Apr 2, 2011, 3:26 PM

Post #34 of 46 (3918 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To
Great qustions, but as I do not want either card, I have no idea as to the answers to your questions. If you feel you deserve these cards, please enjoy them. We are just not agreeing. Not a big deal at all, as I have enjoyed many of your posts. Best wishes, T

Agreeing not to agree is a good idea!

panama john

Apr 2, 2011, 4:37 PM

Post #35 of 46 (3890 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
T;I don't know about IMSS insurance, because I don't have it. But I have used the CURP number on my FM3 card several times for many different things, also my daughter, who is in primary school here, uses her CURP number on her FM3 card for proof of legality. Without a CURP # schools in Mexico,public and private,will not accept a foreign student, unlike the school systems in the US. Also you don't need a CURP# to get a prepaid cell phone here in Mexico. There are many small venders that will be glad to sell you a cell phone and phone number with no proof of ID.

joaquinx

Apr 2, 2011, 5:12 PM

Post #36 of 46 (3882 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To
As a foreigner living only on SS, I believe we foreigners should not be entitled to these cards. . . . T

I've got one and please don't should on me.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

Vichil

Apr 2, 2011, 5:30 PM

Post #37 of 46 (3877 views)

Shortcut

Re: [joaquinx] CURP and Gringos

| Private Reply
It really does not matter what people think one should or should not do. Mexico is including foreigners in their program and they are entitled to the discount if they chose to present the card. Until the law is changed it is the way it is.

DavidHF

Apr 2, 2011, 5:40 PM

Post #38 of 46 (3876 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
What you are referring to is the Ajijic Delagacion or City Hall. You'll need a utility bill as proof of address.

T

Apr 3, 2011, 12:39 PM

Post #39 of 46 (3801 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Sharing my opinion upsets you? WOW. Do as you wish, but do not tell me I cannot express my opinion. T.

joaquinx

Apr 3, 2011, 12:43 PM

Post #40 of 46 (3798 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To
Sharing my opinion upsets you? WOW. Do as you wish, but do not tell me I cannot express my opinion. T.

It was MORE than an opinion, it was stating an ethic for me. Use "I" rather than "We" when you state an opinion.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

T

Apr 3, 2011, 1:07 PM

Post #41 of 46 (3784 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
My goodness. It IS my belief that "WE" foreigners, who have to prove income to live here, should not be milking the Mexican system and perhaps taking away from deserving Mexicans who really need these services. I have total understanding of why the Mexicans who work at these places give us foreigners a hard time to get DIF and IMAPA cards.
Foreigners, who can well afford all of the things that these cards offer, are taking away from the poor, elderly Mexicans, who really need these cards. Perhaps, we should start a new topic. How about this one . " How foreigners can fleece the Mexican system, even though they can afford to pay and leave Mexicans who need services in the cold" Have a great and, I hope guilty, day. T

joaquinx

Apr 3, 2011, 1:17 PM

Post #42 of 46 (3778 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
I never had a difficult time getting my INAPAM card, in fact many Mexicans told me that I could get one and that they, not being poor, had one also. If you don't wish to get one, that is fine with me, however, don't tell me what I should do and shouldn't do. If you want to start another thread or even a blog, you can do that and you don't need my permission.
_______

sioux4noff

Apr 3, 2011, 1:17 PM

Post #43 of 46 (3777 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
The discount on buses, movies and pharmacies is not subsidized byt the Mexican government. It is akin to a senior citizen discount given by a merchant in the US.
Property taxes and water bills, well they are government discounts. But a foreigner, or for that matter a wealthy Mexican, getting a discount doesn't keep a poor Mexican from getting one,

T

Apr 3, 2011, 1:26 PM

Post #44 of 46 (3772 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Please continue milking the Mexican system for things that you can afford, as proven by your income to be here. I choose not to do so. T.

T

Apr 3, 2011, 1:39 PM

Post #45 of 46 (3769 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sioux4noff] CURP and Gringos

| Private Reply
Thank you for your thoughtful comments. It does appear to be a problem in Chapala, where foreigners are lined up out the door, 60 deep to get the freebies that they do not even need. Where does that leave Mexicans, who really could use these cards? Folks have waited many months to get the limited supply here in Chapala. It absolutely does impact elderly, poor Mexicans. T.

mexipat

Apr 3, 2011, 2:13 PM

Post #46 of 46 (3754 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Except for one misguided soul, I'm guessing we all agree that you should take a discount you are entitled to.
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4