Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

dandalton123

Mar 21, 2011, 2:43 PM

Post #1 of 4 (5747 views)

Shortcut

renting apartment in cuernavaca or surrounding area

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hello all I am planning on moving to cuernavaca in aug or sept of 2011. I am looking for a cheap place to rent while i look for a job teaching english in cuernavaca. I am looking for a place for around 1000 to 2000 pesos. location is not that important to me i would settle for texmico or cuatlan or outskirts of cuernavaca. is is possible to find a place for that price???? also does anyone know any resources for finding teaching jobs. i have a 4yr degree and am esl celt certified. I am planning on moving there first then finding a job. or vis versa what ever comes first. but my deadline is aug to oct of 2011 to move there. can anyone help me???

dan

La Isla

Mar 21, 2011, 5:06 PM

Post #2 of 4 (5734 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dandalton123] renting apartment in cuernavaca or surrounding area

If you're going to be looking for work teaching English in Cuernavaca, I suggest you post queries here

http://www.eltworld.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=48&sid=df1edde5a4aae8b313d5283cfe00ba5f

and here

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewforum.php?f=26 .

Good luck!

Anonimo

Mar 23, 2011, 3:26 AM

Post #3 of 4 (5682 views)

Shortcut

Old friends of ours have apartments for rent in Col. Bella Vista, off Av Zapata. Bus stop 1 block away. Also not too far from Wal Mart.

We have stayed there ourselves numerous times. The apartments vary from very simple to quite elaborate. I don't know what the rents are. if I recall correctly, the whole place was renovated within the last three years.

If you send me your name and email address via PM, I can probably get you in touch with them.

Saludos,
Anonimo

Papirex

Mar 23, 2011, 11:26 AM

Post #4 of 4 (5657 views)

Shortcut

The price you want to pay for an apartment seems a little low for this area to me. If Anonimo's friends cannot provide one near that price, you might want to post an inquiry on the local Yahoo group board, Cuernads: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CuernAds/

Sometimes they are very helpful, but be aware that many of the members there live in the nearby village of Tepotzlan, that is not a part of Cuernavaca, it is 15 or 20 miles from town, and the residents there often never specify where an address is at. There is often some very good information about Cuernavaca there though.

Any answers to your posts will usually be sent to you via email, and will not be posted for all to see. A little clunky, but it works.

You may be able to find an apartment to share at the maximum price you want to pay. A parking space may be a problem to find though. If you have an endorsement to work on your visa, keeping a foreign plated vehicle here may be a problem. There is good, cheap bus service here, don't expect to find a city bus schedule anywhere though. Taxis are usually very cheap here, priced by zones. Be sure to verify the fare before you get in the cab though.

It is seldom ever safe to park a car on the street here, especially overnight, if you do that, get a locking gas cap, and locking lug nuts for your wheels. Leave nothing of any value visible in the car.

There is a small group of English Speaking ex-patriates here named The Newcomers Club, They meet at St. Michael's Episcopal Church, they are not a church group. They are hard to contact lately, but they might be of some help.

Good luck, Rex
"The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved" - Victor Hugo

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4