First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

La Isla

Mar 23, 2011, 1:43 PM

Post #51 of 70 (7317 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jckottler] Single Guy Dating

Can't Post | Private Reply

In Reply To
After reading posts on how the typical male gringo looks here, I realize I have to make a few changes. First of all, I'm goin to buy some short shorts to show as much knee and upper leg as possible. Next, I'm going to ask my doctor if he can reverse my obesity surgery so I can have the proper belly for the area. Third, I'm going to look into a pre-frontal lobotomy so I can match wits with what some of the ladies describe as the typical male intelligence here. Scratch that -- after being married for 25 years, my wife has convinced me I don't need the lobotomy to become empty headed.

It sounds like you've got a great sense of humor, especially about yourself. In my book, that's more important than having good legs and a svelte shape!

Gringal

Mar 23, 2011, 1:56 PM

Post #52 of 70 (7315 views)

Shortcut

Whether you're "empty headed" or not remains to be seen. We are born smart or dumb and can't do a thing about it, but a wife/husband/lover can make you feel either, depending on his/her objective.

i've know a quite a few women whose men made them feel like idiots in order to make themselves feel smarter. The same with men.

Ideally, another person will make you feel the very best you can be......and you bloom with that person, like a plant with sunshine. Otherwise......the sooner you're outta there, the better.

You aren't dead yet.........so enjoy your time here.

Oh, before I forget: get in front of a full length mirror before you leave the house in those short shorts. LOL

T

Mar 23, 2011, 2:36 PM

Post #53 of 70 (7309 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Isla] Single Guy Dating

Thank you for tightening the noose. Well deserved. I certainly over generalized. Educated, professional Mexican women have little or no interest in foreign men 20 to 40 years their senior. Unfortunately, a minority of Mexican women fall into that category and the needy will accept basically any man, any age, who can support them and not hurt them. T.

T

Mar 23, 2011, 2:40 PM

Post #54 of 70 (7305 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Axixic] Single Guy Dating

Well said. T.

T

Mar 23, 2011, 2:43 PM

Post #55 of 70 (7302 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidHF] Single Guy Dating

Just corrected that with my apologies. T

La Isla

Mar 23, 2011, 2:47 PM

Post #56 of 70 (7299 views)

Shortcut

Re: [T] Single Guy Dating

In Reply To
Thank you for tightening the noose. Well deserved. I certainly over generalized. Educated, professional Mexican women have little or no interest in foreign men 20 to 40 years their senior. Unfortunately, a minority of Mexican women fall into that category and the needy will accept basically any man, any age, who can support them and not hurt them. T.

That was my point, exactly. None of my single Mexican female friends would marry a much older foreign man just because he had more money than they did and was a generous kind of fellow. They all have good jobs and can take care of themselves financially. What does perplex me is that an aging gringo would jump at the chance of hooking up with a needy, though no doubt attractive, younger woman who was mostly interested in the size of his monthly pension check. But then I´m a woman, and most men are mysteries to me : ) !

T

Mar 23, 2011, 2:51 PM

Post #57 of 70 (7300 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Georgia] Single Guy Dating

Oh c'mon Georgia. We all know that those motels are for folks who are into dogs. Sorry, meant have dogs. Grin. T.

Georgia

Mar 23, 2011, 2:59 PM

Post #58 of 70 (7293 views)

Shortcut

Are you referring to their girlfriends or their mascotas? Whatever. I think this thread has run its course!!!

T

Mar 23, 2011, 3:07 PM

Post #59 of 70 (7288 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Isla] Single Guy Dating

I see it more and more common for older men and women of means to be dating much younger men and women of little means. Some may call it prostitution, but whatever makes everybody happy is OK with me. T

La Isla

Mar 23, 2011, 3:11 PM

Post #60 of 70 (7282 views)

Shortcut

I'm happy to date younger men but not if they are doing it for my money, of which there isn't that much anyway. I'd rather be on my own than have to "buy" companionship, or as the saying goes in Spanish, "Mejor sola que mal acompañada". But that's just me :) .

T

Mar 23, 2011, 3:15 PM

Post #61 of 70 (7282 views)

Shortcut

Too funny. Do not forget to bring your black socks and sandals. Women here love that look. Especially with short shorts. the shorter the better. Beginning to think you will fit right in. Humor and patience are the key. You clearly have the humor. T.

NEOhio1

Mar 24, 2011, 10:48 AM

Post #62 of 70 (7227 views)

Shortcut

Be aware that if you begin your life here dating Mexican women the expat women will be judgmental should that path not work out for you.

bournemouth

Mar 24, 2011, 11:27 AM

Post #63 of 70 (7218 views)

Shortcut

Re: [NEOhio1] Single Guy Dating

They will??

Gringal

Mar 24, 2011, 1:12 PM

Post #64 of 70 (7201 views)

Shortcut

I'm scratching my head trying to think of a time and place where the one with the money (male or female in whatever configuration you wish, depending on your proclivities) wasn't also the one who got the followers. Nothin' new there. Always happens. Anyone think that the term "trophy wife" was coined in Mexico? Nope. Ya think those gorgeous women were attracted to Donald Trump's hairdo?

ROFLMAO.

jckottler

Mar 24, 2011, 10:43 PM

Post #65 of 70 (7157 views)

Shortcut

If there are any gringo women out there so narrow minded and prejudiced that they think inter-racial or inter-cultural romances are immoral, then I want nothing to do with them. Let them banish me or even put me on double secret probation. I think I can survive.
If they think that dating someone from a different country is wrong, what would they think of someone who was married to one of them? I was married to a lady from China for 25 years. The first friend I made in Ajijic was a Mexican. Should I have done the proper thing and made friends with an American before making friends with a Mexican? That sort of prejudice belongs in the dustbin of history.

jckottler

Mar 24, 2011, 10:51 PM

Post #66 of 70 (7148 views)

Shortcut

Georgia's post # 37 is exactly the sort of observations I'm looking for. It has the pleasant odor of absolute honesty. No silly political correctness here.

NEOhio1

Mar 24, 2011, 11:28 PM

Post #67 of 70 (7146 views)

Shortcut

It has nothing to do with race. It does have to do with age and the impression of not being good enough from the get go when you arrived. The ladies who date regularly I know have said that they stay far away from the expat men who come to town and soon are seen dating younger Mexican women and then later on down the line decide to see what the older expat women have to offer. Nobody wants to be second string and that is the impression they have right or wrong.

I hate discussions with my single lady friends about the dearth of decent dating its so depressing - I am married, but its a tough go to date here and I feel for both the men and women.

Georgia

Mar 25, 2011, 7:11 AM

Post #68 of 70 (7124 views)

Shortcut

Aw, crud, Anita. You make life sound so dismal. If I were single, I would accept every date, dance away, stay uncommitted, and enjoy. I do agree that the 2000s concept of dating amog our children is a whole new universe. ("That weas greast sex. bu tje wau. way, what's your name?)I don't like it either. But we're old enough to know how to "date" and keep life simple. One great husband in my life is sufficient to my needs. If, God forbid, he weren't here, I doubt I would find the dating scene unpleasant. I like men. I enjoy their company. Dating does not have to be complicated.

NEOhio1

Mar 25, 2011, 9:38 AM

Post #69 of 70 (7106 views)

Shortcut

I know Georgia but you know these women, its only the ones with the right attitude, who accept just about every date and who themselves extend date invites, who have the good dating life here. The dating radar on new men in town is fearsome and info spreads like wildfire. It is something to behold. Some of them are holding onto ancient stereotypes and that's fine for a mating but dating at this age isn't about mating its about companionship (and sex, of course).

Sometimes I just want to shake them they make it so hard on themselves and the guys. The simple method as you say is the best.

I just wanted the guy who asked, the OP, to know that he will be watched from the day he steps into town. The ladies who date (and there are many who choose not to date) will know it and share the info they get from him. They don't mind competing for a man's attention but they don't want to compete with youth..

(This post was edited by NEOhio1 on Mar 25, 2011, 9:42 AM)

Georgia

Mar 25, 2011, 11:58 AM

Post #70 of 70 (7077 views)

Shortcut

Life is a little simpler out here in the boondocks. Bubba may call this a slum, but it's a happy, peaceful little slum. Your comments remind me of my father who lived in Florida when my mother died. He was relatively young and a good dancer. Having a social life was not an issue for him after my mom died.

So, whoever you are looking to move here as a 60 something, single guy: BEWARE! Or just enjoy the attention. But you won't be lonely. Or just think of all the wonderful scandals you can cause and you family will never know. Now, that is liberating.
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4