Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Home, Garden & Construction in Mexico

Sculptari

Mar 8, 2011, 10:58 AM

Post #1 of 5 (3772 views)

Shortcut

Cement & Foamcore Deck Furniture

Can't Post |
Have a look at the Mexican projects using TriD panels, I think the deck furniture and BBQ´s look great. They have a substantial look but are actually lightweight, like the settee on the bottom of the page. They use ¨waterproof¨concrete, which has a fine sand and KIM additive. I have used KIM before - it is made in Vancouver, Canada.

http://www.tridipanel.com/...-seatings/mexico.php
no longer active on Mexconnect

(This post was edited by Rolly on Mar 8, 2011, 11:11 AM)

Rolly

Mar 8, 2011, 11:21 AM

Post #2 of 5 (3764 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Sculptari] Cement & Foamcore Deck Furniture

Can't Post | Private Reply
Very interesting. Be sure to click on "Site Map" at the bottom of the page to see many more projects.

Rolly Pirate

Bennie García

Mar 8, 2011, 11:41 AM

Post #3 of 5 (3755 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Cement & Foamcore Deck Furniture

Here's a shot of structural panels being assembled on site. Note the "orange crap" in the background.

They are tied to rebar protruding from slab and joined using zig zag connecting strips. All corners also have mesh connectors and rebar where called for.

Attachments: 014.JPG (106 KB)

Rolly

Mar 8, 2011, 12:03 PM

Post #4 of 5 (3751 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bennie García] Cement & Foamcore Deck Furniture

We used that material for one wall in one of my projects.
I would have used more of it if I had known about it sooner.
It arrived in Lerdo while my projects were underway.

Rolly Pirate

Sculptari

Mar 8, 2011, 12:35 PM

Post #5 of 5 (3742 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Cement & Foamcore Deck Furniture

Can't Post |
Rolly -remove this post if you think it is too spammy. I have for sale everything you would need to be a contractor in this type of construction, except for an IMER portable mortar mixer, already sold. A never used tirolessa sprayer, and a never used 30 hp gas compressor, based on a Volkswagen 1600 engine. The highly portable compressor puts out 58cfm at 100 psi- enough to run several Tirolessa sprayers, also heavy sandblasting or jackhammers. Also a pneumatic hog ring gun, an electric foam cutting knife w/attachments, misc trowels and hand tools. The trouble is that it is all in Vancouver, Canada- I left it on consignment with the professional VW shop which built the compressor because the buyer will want to see it running and where to service. I am selling the compressor for $1,800 - it cost me $4,000 to build, or are available on the Volks Air website for $6,500. A great deal, but has been hard for me to sell because it is such a specialty market in Vancouver (where wood frame is still the norm).
no longer active on Mexconnect

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4