Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Southern Mexico

kimi

Feb 26, 2011, 7:14 AM

Post #1 of 3 (10330 views)

Shortcut

Living on Oaxaca coast?

Can't Post | Private Reply
would like some info. on living down on the oaxaca coast, am avid swimmer. presently live inland mexico. need a gym pool or safe open-water swimming. online research has so far proven fruitless.

all i require is an inexpensive furnished studio apartment and WiFi connection. any websites for apt. rentals or personal knowledge appreciated. also, any budget rooms to stay while i check it out.

(This post was edited by DavidMcL on Feb 26, 2011, 11:57 AM)

NinaNina

Mar 18, 2011, 6:48 AM

Post #2 of 3 (10004 views)

Shortcut

Re: [kimi] Living on Oaxaca coast?

It's a dream of mine to live at least part of the year on the Oaxacan coast someday.

A great website for overall information and real estate ads, as well as some cheap hostels:

http://www.tomzap.com/

Also, if you go to Tripadvisor, you can select budget hotels and find some very cheap hostels/hotels with reviews.

In Puerto Escondido, there is a woman-only hostel that you could stay at until you find something long-term.

In my experience, the WIFI in San Agustinillo/Mazunte/Puerto Angel is not as good as that in Puerto Escondido. But this comes from staying only a short time in budget hotels, not staying in a residence which maybe could be different. I think PE could offer you more options if you needed to get around without a car and wanted to stay cheaply near the beach, as it is more developed.

Safe open-water swimming in PE: I like Playa Carizalillo. Relatively safe, depending on the season, I'd also add San Agustinillo. Super safe, near Puerto Angel, is Playa Panteon, where you can also swim to a cave.

Suerte,
Serena

pamelahirst

May 12, 2011, 1:58 PM

Post #3 of 3 (9121 views)

Shortcut

Re: [kimi] Living on Oaxaca coast?

I am seeking an inexpensive place to stay near the beach in Puerto Escondido. Am currently in Oaxaca and will come down on a bus. Would appreciate info from anyone concerning a B&B, cheap hotel, whatever. publishingpamela@yahoo.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4