Mar 4, 2011, 7:23 AM
Post #4 of 5
If you are in the Lakeside area, this is how my Contractor recommends and does his roofs with a 10 year Guarantee. His name is below. He uses ONLY Fester ACRITON with a 10 year warranty.
Re: [robt65] Has Anyone Ever Used This Pproduct for Roofing?
Can't Post | Private Reply
November thru May is the best weather for roof work. Weather and surfaces MUST be dry.
1. Scrape, grind all loose material and rough areas. Acid wash the roof. Clean
using a power washer, otherwise Fester Acriton will not adhere.
2. Check all loose roof tiles. Remove loose roof tiles, inspect for cracks, repair
and recement roof tiles.
3. IMPORTANT: Put a very thin concrete only cement wash over the roof tiles,
otherwise the Fester Acriton will not bond.
4. Apply Fester Festerbond to roof. (This is a high quality bonding agent)
5. Apply a thinned down coat of Fester Acriton to roof. Lay Membrane into this
Fester Acriton. Put on another coat of Fester Acriton.
6. Apply 5 more coats of Fester Acriton as it comes from the bucket, without
thinning, on the roof on different days, allowing each coat to dry.
7. Your Contractor should give you at least a 7 year Guarantee and better yet a
10 year Guarantee. You should check his references and talk to others he
has done roofs for.
Highly recommended Contractor:
MAESTRO - Construction - Remodel - Roofs - Tile - Pools - Painting
(He has done work for 10 of us in Los Arroyos Sur for 56years and I have recommended him to people on chapala.com who are very happy.
He Guarantees his work.)
RUBEN “CHINO” CHAVARRIA (Speaks English)
Francisco Villa # 11 - Ajijic
Tel: 766 2327
Cell ph: 045 333 150 9031