Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

stevebrtx

Jan 31, 2011, 1:07 PM

Post #1 of 6 (4300 views)

Shortcut

Starchoice receiver needed ASAP

Can't Post | Private Reply
Looks like my current 209, only 4 months old is shot, anyone have a ShawChoice they are willing to part with for a few coins?

Thanks

RickS

Jan 31, 2011, 1:13 PM

Post #2 of 6 (4299 views)

Shortcut

Re: [stevebrtx] Starchoice receiver needed ASAP

I don't about 'right now', but I have seen them advertised for sale 'lately' at LCS....

johnv

Feb 1, 2011, 9:49 AM

Post #3 of 6 (4267 views)

Shortcut

Try giving Ed Linfoot, at lakeside, (Chapala) a call: Telephone: 766-2557. Sorry, I don't know the area code. You'll have to look it up.

stevebrtx

Feb 2, 2011, 5:19 AM

Post #4 of 6 (4244 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johnv] Starchoice receiver needed ASAP

Looks like we rounded up a unit, thanks for the help. Although in pricing several here and in Guad I'm considering taking up Southbound smuggling as a profession. In at least one instance the markup was nearly X3.5 Canadian retail prices (which are generally never cheap).

johnv

Feb 2, 2011, 6:27 AM

Post #5 of 6 (4236 views)

Shortcut

Ed Linfoot is the father of my ShawDirect Account Handler in Canada and lives somewhere in the Chapala area. I was told he keeps some new receivers on hand. I do not think they are cheap. He does service calls also, I think.

I got my receiver very economically from Global Communications, which can be found on Google. I had it shipped to my Texas address, and then drove it down. That was 7 years ago. It is still performing well.

DavidHF

Feb 2, 2011, 7:03 AM

Post #6 of 6 (4230 views)

Shortcut

Failed recvrs are oftimes repairable. There are at least two places that provide such service.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4