Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

sioux4noff

Jan 30, 2011, 2:35 PM

Post #1 of 13 (11927 views)

Shortcut

Bus station to GDL airport

Can't Post | Private Reply
We are planning on taking a trip flying from the GDL airport in May. We live in Bucerias, Nayarit.

Our options for getting to the airport for our flight are -
1. flying from Vallarta, which we have ruled out because it is too expensive
2. driving to Guadalajara and parking the car in long term parking for the 5 or so days we will be gone
3. taking the bus to Guadalajara and then a cab to the airport.

For option 2, is anyone familiar with long term airport parking either on or near the airport premises? I am interested in cost and relative safety of leaving the car. I don't imagine any nearby hotels offer park and fly like is common in the US.
For #3, would we be better off taking the bus to Zapopan or to the Tlaquepaque station? Approximately how much would a cab cost from either station and about how long should we allow for the cab ride? We could go to wither station, so the cost of the cab could be a determining factor.
Are there other options we haven't thought of? Is there bus service to the airport from anywhere in Guadalajara?

Also, we would need a hotel recommendation near the airport for the evening we return as we will get in at 9, and will wait for the morning to go home.

Thank you for any and all help you can offer.

bournemouth

Jan 30, 2011, 3:18 PM

Post #2 of 13 (11907 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sioux4noff] Bus station to GDL airport

For option #2, here is the airport website with parking charges:

http://www.aeropuertosgap.com.mx/aeropuertos/guadalajara/servicios-aeropuerto-guadalajara/estacionamiento-guadalajara.html

I am not aware of any nearby parking facilities. Driving your own car and parking may be the simplest solution. There is a hotel right next to the terminal - the Hotel Casa Grande - I'm not aware of room rates. There is also the Motel Vienna, a short distance west of the airport, on the Chapala highway, the opposite side of the road. I'm fairly sure this has more economic pricing.

sparks

Jan 30, 2011, 3:38 PM

Post #3 of 13 (11902 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bournemouth] Bus station to GDL airport

Hotel Casa Grande rates start at about $115us per night - one person. I've done it twice since it's so easy but for early departing flights

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

Judy Parker

Jan 31, 2011, 6:33 AM

Post #4 of 13 (11857 views)

Shortcut

If taking the bus you want to go to the Tonala/Tlaquepaque station as it is the one nearest the airport. I think it is about a 20-30 min. drive from there. You might ask on the Chapala forum they will know for sure.

sparks

Jan 31, 2011, 7:02 AM

Post #5 of 13 (11852 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Judy Parker] Bus station to GDL airport

Buses from the coast only go to the Tonala station

donemry

Jan 31, 2011, 9:06 AM

Post #6 of 13 (11829 views)

Shortcut

Two years ago we had to return to the US for a funeral. We drove to GDL and left our car in the airport lot. When we got back, we stayed the night at the Casa Grande and drove back to PV the next morning. As I recall the parking fee was reasonable. I would not hesitate to do it again, however, my wife refuses to fly anymore.

sioux4noff

Jan 31, 2011, 9:17 AM

Post #7 of 13 (11820 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sparks] Bus station to GDL airport

Sparks, buses from Vallarta stop at both the Zapopan and Tlaquepaque stations.

prmjcm

Jan 31, 2011, 9:18 AM

Post #8 of 13 (11820 views)

Shortcut

Sparks, I am taking the bus from Leon GTO to the GDL bus depot (which bus depot in GDL I do not know), how long by taxi to GDL airport if you know.

Pat Moore

sioux4noff

Jan 31, 2011, 9:34 AM

Post #9 of 13 (11815 views)

Shortcut

Re: [prmjcm] Bus station to GDL airport

It will be the main station which is in Tlaquepaque.

(This post was edited by sioux4noff on Jan 31, 2011, 9:35 AM)

chinagringo

Jan 31, 2011, 5:01 PM

Post #10 of 13 (11777 views)

Shortcut

You might take a look at El Tapatio Hotel & Resort:
http://www.hotel-tapatio.com/tapatio/esp/index.asp

It looks like their rates are in the $75USD range. They have an airport shuttle and with all the room they have, I would bet you could park your car there. I have never stayed in their rooms but have had a number of meals in their restaurant, Meson del Chef and they were excellent! The location on the hill overlooking Guadalajara is great and I would say 15 to 20 minutes from the airport.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

sparks

Feb 1, 2011, 5:44 AM

Post #11 of 13 (11753 views)

Shortcut

Re: [prmjcm] Bus station to GDL airport

I just went thru Leon from SMA. Both ETN and Primera Plus only go to the new/main Tonala station. Same if they come from the coast. Taxi is about 25 minutes depending on traffic

sioux4noff

Feb 2, 2011, 9:33 PM

Post #12 of 13 (11674 views)

Shortcut

Sparks, I have ridden the bus from Vallarta to and from Guadalajara and Guanajuato, both Primera Plus and Vallarta Plus also stop in Zapopan, both directions. Maybe the ones you've taken don't, but many of them do.

sparks

Feb 3, 2011, 4:58 AM

Post #13 of 13 (11657 views)

Shortcut

Yep ... I've only come up from Colima or Melaque

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4