Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

good2go

Jan 28, 2011, 10:45 AM

Post #1 of 21 (12250 views)

Shortcut

Trying to locate owner of a lote in Barra De Navidad

Can't Post | Private Reply
I know this is a long shot but I am looking for the owner of a small particular lote in Barra De Navidad. The real estate agents cant seem to help me find the owner. I am interested in buying this particular lote but I am leery of paying money up front for "location of the owner". The only small lead I got is the owner is located in Guadalajara, no further info until I give money for more assistance.
If anyone reading this owns a small lote in Barra, or knows someone who does ( and wants to sell) please PM me and describe the lote and location, if its the one I would like to discuss with you about the possibility of purchasing the lote.
Another idea, is there a way to locate owners of lotes?
Any suggestions appreciated.

gpkgto

Jan 28, 2011, 10:55 AM

Post #2 of 21 (12240 views)

Shortcut

Re: [good2go] Trying to locate owner of a lote in Barra De Navidad

Go to a notario and pay (nothing is free) him to get the info you want. At least you would be sure you have the real owner.

good2go

Jan 28, 2011, 11:04 AM

Post #3 of 21 (12236 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gpkgto] Trying to locate owner of a lote in Barra De Navidad

Thank-you,
good idea.

sparks

Jan 28, 2011, 5:04 PM

Post #4 of 21 (12199 views)

Shortcut

Depends on where the lot is ... but I would first check the Ejido office. Even tho areas of Barra have been normalized and no longer part of the Ejido ... people have to pay a fee to the Ejido for the normalization. Possibly this person has never paid ... but regardless should be listed on the lot map for the area.

A notario (Lomalie) will only know if if the owner has dealt with him

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

Bennie García

Jan 29, 2011, 6:40 AM

Post #5 of 21 (12149 views)

Shortcut

Where is the lot located? In "el centro"? El barrio? Pueblo Nuevo?

What realtor are you using?

gpkgto

Jan 29, 2011, 6:46 AM

Post #6 of 21 (12148 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sparks] Trying to locate owner of a lote in Barra De Navidad

"A notario...will only know if the owner has dealt with him"

Notarios do the Mexican version of title searches as part of their responsibilities regarding the transfer of real estate, so they have access to the Public Registry of Property for all property within a jurisdiction, not just for property they have dealt with.

(This post was edited by gpkgto on Jan 29, 2011, 7:38 AM)

sparks

Jan 29, 2011, 7:35 AM

Post #7 of 21 (12136 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gpkgto] Trying to locate owner of a lote in Barra De Navidad

But if the property is or was Ejido ... why not go directly to the Ejido rather than pay a Notario to do a search

A notario did a great job in Tenacatita

good2go

Jan 29, 2011, 9:42 AM

Post #8 of 21 (12103 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sparks] Trying to locate owner of a lote in Barra De Navidad

Bennie
The lote is in Barra fraccionamiento, not the barrio. I have tried the assistance of real estate, I have been blown off by 2, and I believe given false information by one, ( real estate person "found the owner", [I needed to "act now" at an over blown price] "or they are going to put a for sale on it next week") not on the market yet and that was 8 months ago.
I am being secreative about the exact location b/c I am leery of someone telling me they know the owner and for $$$ "I will talk to them for you", only to get back to me and the owner is not interested, or.... you fill in the blank, walking away with money, me scammed. This isnt my first time to the rodeo. Maybe someone would help with the location of the owner with no money up front but a small incentive for a done deal?
Sparks, it sounds like you now agree that going to a Notario would help as opposed to going to Ejido office?
If not, where is an Ejido office?
I've been told attemting to buy a lote that isnt for sale is next to impossible, I want to give it a shot, and see where it leads.

Bennie García

Jan 29, 2011, 2:18 PM

Post #9 of 21 (12070 views)

Shortcut

Have you asked at the offices of Pueblo Nuevo in Barra?

good2go

Jan 29, 2011, 5:52 PM

Post #10 of 21 (12043 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bennie García] Trying to locate owner of a lote in Barra De Navidad

No,
Where is that office located? Is it where people pay for their water, garbage and sewage?
Thanks.

sparks

Jan 29, 2011, 6:14 PM

Post #11 of 21 (12038 views)

Shortcut

I would try the Ejido office first but if that fails maybe Lomali in Cihuatlan. My Ejido is Jaluco so I don't know the one in Barra. Our taxes are paid to Jaluco and water to Melaque.

The Barra fraccionamiento has been out of the Ejido for awhile so don't know if they have a map ... but they should. Only other options would be neighbors

Bennie García

Jan 29, 2011, 8:39 PM

Post #12 of 21 (12017 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
No,
Where is that office located? Is it where people pay for their water, garbage and sewage?
Thanks.

Directly across from the Centro de Salud. On the corner of the highway into town and the main road leading to the Hotel Cabo Blanco. Just ask for the offices of Turbana.

They handle all of the business for the subdivision.

sioux4noff

Jan 30, 2011, 2:25 PM

Post #13 of 21 (11964 views)

Shortcut

I've been told attemting to buy a lote that isnt for sale is next to impossible

Eveything is for sale if the price is right. Just agreeing on the right price could be a problem, or maybe not.Good luck!

vetteforron

Jan 31, 2011, 4:41 AM

Post #14 of 21 (11913 views)

Shortcut

Whenever I want information I go to the nearest convenience store or neighbors. You probably have already done this.
If sparks will help put you in touch with my brother-n-law knows a lot of people in Barra and Melaque.

good2go

Jan 31, 2011, 1:27 PM

Post #15 of 21 (11870 views)

Shortcut

Re: [vetteforron] Trying to locate owner of a lote in Barra De Navidad

A friend went to the Turbana in Barra for me and got a name but there is no listing for this person in the directory so that I can call or write, a dead end.
I appreciate everyones input.
I guess I will ask around Barra, the neighbors and such, when I am down in March.
I'm thinking if I go to a Notario, they would have access to a name but like my friend who went to the Turbana, if there is no listing for the person then I again would come up empty handed; unless Notarios have other ways to get in touch with people?
The other option per Sparks suggestion is the ejido office.
My only lead is the owner lives in Guad, which was never verified.
Thus the long shot....anyone out there (maybe living in Guad, not verified) have a small lote that they own in Barra and want to sell it?
Thanks

RickS

Jan 31, 2011, 1:47 PM

Post #16 of 21 (11867 views)

Shortcut

That is indeed a long shot! But I have to give you an A++ for effort.

arbon

Jan 31, 2011, 1:53 PM

Post #17 of 21 (11866 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
"A friend went to the Turbana in Barra for me and got a name but there is no listing for this person in the directory so that I can call or write, a dead end."

¿So what was the owners FULL name?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

good2go

Jan 31, 2011, 5:57 PM

Post #18 of 21 (11823 views)

Shortcut

Re: [arbon] Trying to locate owner of a lote in Barra De Navidad

Ok, I have the owners full name, but my friend actully says they (the Turbana) doesnt show where he lives ( as I thought previously) so she has no way of knowing what directory to go towards. A resource told me Guad, although I'm not positive about that. Should I post his name?

Bennie García

Jan 31, 2011, 6:31 PM

Post #19 of 21 (11817 views)

Shortcut

Did the people at Turbana say if they were current on their fraccionamiento dues? The ejido office will be of no use. That property isn't ejidal.. Take the address of the property to the catastro office in the municipal building in Cihuatlan and see if they will pull the property tax record for you. See if the taxes are current. If they are, the owner comes by once in awhile.

If you have a full name you can also try a phone book search in Guadalajara.

good2go

Feb 1, 2011, 10:10 AM

Post #20 of 21 (11771 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bennie García] Trying to locate owner of a lote in Barra De Navidad

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. We found the owner, he is in Guad. We started with the phone book directory via the internet. Technology is amazing. We have his phone number and address! Now we just have to approach him, (with an interpetor at hand). Getting hyperfocused on what you want helps, now we'll see if we can make this a reality.

good2go

Feb 4, 2011, 8:37 AM

Post #21 of 21 (11650 views)

Shortcut

We called the owner (via an interpetor). A female answered the phone, she sounded grumpy and states that the person we wanted to speak to wasnt there and indicated he would be back later. We called back later and she was still disgruntled, at tht point stated that he doesnt live there anymore. So thats the update, he is listed as a builder in Guad and both personal and business phone numbers go to the same number.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4