Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

curt@sanpanchoweather.com

Jan 12, 2011, 4:08 PM

Post #1 of 6 (7948 views)

Shortcut

Dish TV - Program Guide

Can't Post | Private Reply
I'm receiving DishTV with a 625 receiver here just north of Puerto Vallarta.

In the past few days, I've lost a decent (25+) signal for Fox, now about 11 or 12.

At the same time, my program guide information is no longer downloading. Does anyone know what satellite/transponder the information comes down on? The receiver seems OK, just that I don't have any future program info and therefore can't access the DVR timers and future events.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Curt

chinagringo

Jan 12, 2011, 4:33 PM

Post #2 of 6 (7933 views)

Shortcut

Re: [curt@sanpanchoweather.com] Dish TV - Program Guide

Having enjoyed similar issues NOB and dealt with their wonderful tech dept.- have you tried a reset of the receiver by holding down the power button? If that doesn't work, then their usual drill is have you unplug the receiver and leave unplugged for 30 seconds to one minute. Then you let it boot back up. Beyond that, I have no special Mexico type secrets.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

RickS

Jan 12, 2011, 5:50 PM

Post #3 of 6 (7925 views)

Shortcut

Late yesterday afternoon my Dish program guide was absent and would not download. After several attempts I resorted to turning off the receiver for a minute or so as Neil suggested. When I turned it back on nada so I walked away. When I went back a few minutes later, the guide was there. I'm at Lake Chapala.

curt@sanpanchoweather.com

Jan 12, 2011, 6:52 PM

Post #4 of 6 (7916 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Dish TV - Program Guide

Neil/Rick -

Thanks for the encouragement, but I've tried unplugging, resetting, and still nada. Tech support offered only those ideas, and volunteered to replace the receiver. Not quite an easy option here.

Anyone with an idea of where the pgm info comes from? I'm thinking it may be a marginal signal that has gone south on me.

johanson / Moderator

Jan 12, 2011, 7:55 PM

Post #5 of 6 (7913 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
I'm receiving DishTV with a 625 receiver here just north of Puerto Vallarta.

In the past few days, I've lost a decent (25+) signal for Fox, now about 11 or 12.

.........................................Ideas?

Thanks, Curt

I'm not familiar with the 625 receiver, but on the equipment I have a signal of 25 is pretty low and 11 or 12 is way too low.

I'm up here freezing to death in Seattle. We had 3 inches of snow last night, but right now the temp is way above freezing and everything is melting. I'll be back in a few days and look forward to playing around with a 12 foot prime focus Ku dish and a 2.4, 1.8, and 1.2 meter offset Ku dishes with new Eagle Aspen LNBs

But on any DISH receiver I have owned I needed a signal a lot higher than 11 or 12 to get a signal and 25 was marginal. I hope someone else is more familiar with your equipment. Which satellite are you pointing at, how big is your dish and what type of LNB are you using, Etc, Etc.?

(This post was edited by johanson on Jan 12, 2011, 10:24 PM)

redevil66

Feb 9, 2011, 5:24 PM

Post #6 of 6 (7733 views)

Shortcut

Questions:

Do you have one 119 sat or do you have both 119 and 110?

Do you know what size of antenna are you using?

Are you using lnbs and switch pro or legacy?

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4