Feb 11, 2011, 12:16 PM

Post #26 of 30 (7916 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonynico] 2011 Minimum Income Required for FM3 and FM2

Can't Post | Private Reply

In Reply To
Date Sent:
Feb 11, 2011, 9:45 AM

In New York they want proof of income not just bank statements. They do not care if you have 3 million in the bank.

I have a quick question. All Mexican embassies in the U.S. no longer issue fm3, but instead attach visas to the passport. When you get to Mexico you get the fm3.
Why bother you can just go straight to Mexico and get the fm3 without going to the consulate in the U.S.
Since you no longer need a Casa Meneja why would you do this?

~~~~~~ Enjoying life in northern D.F. with our family of Americans and chilangos.
Family and expat blog here : http://threecurlygirlys.blogspot.mx/ ~~~~~~

tonynico

Feb 11, 2011, 2:09 PM

Post #27 of 30 (7901 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] 2011 Minimum Income Required for FM3 and FM2

My mover who moves all the time (and I am not saying he is correct or not correct) said that attachment the the consulate puts on the passport is not considered when bringing goods in I need the copy of the fm3.
So can I go to Mexico without the attachment to the fm3 and get my fm3 in Mexico or must I go to the consulate first?

I also do believe the mover I am using is wrong but don't want to get jammed up.

Tony

Rolly

Feb 11, 2011, 2:34 PM

Post #28 of 30 (7893 views)

Shortcut

You can apply for an FM3 at a consulate or at an INM office in México. The choice is yours.
Whether your mover is right or not, I got an e-mail the other day from a lady who had just complete a move telling how it worked for her.

Rolly Pirate

rayitodeluna

Feb 12, 2011, 7:01 AM

Post #29 of 30 (7833 views)

Shortcut

Sorry, my computer must have eaten my reply, I don't see it?

Basically, I was saying that applying before you leave the States would be helpful (as far as I have been reading) because with an FM3 you may have up to 3,000$ in duty free household goods. Since we are moving there with all of our possessions, if I move with only a FMM (the 180 tourist visa) I would be taxed on all of our belongings. Is that correct, as far as your experiences have been?

Plus, I would just like to know before the move whether or not I will be given the FM3 (or not) for planning purposes, as I have two very young children. Making a trip to the border to buy a 20$ tourist visa every six months, with two children under three, is something you need to plan for ; )

~~~~~~ Enjoying life in northern D.F. with our family of Americans and chilangos.
Family and expat blog here : http://threecurlygirlys.blogspot.mx/ ~~~~~~

jwander

Feb 16, 2011, 5:02 PM

Post #30 of 30 (7622 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rallitodeluna] 2011 Minimum Income Required for FM3 and FM2

Is it my understanding if a couple owns property in Mexico the income requirement for FM3/FM2 are different ?

If so, does there have to be a structure on the property ?

Thanks for any help.

Jeff and Lisa
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4