Can't Post | Private Reply
Any takes on the current situation?

chinagringo

Dec 18, 2010, 5:37 PM

Post #2 of 5 (9616 views)

Shortcut

Re: [wearechange] Michoacán, Federales and La Familia

I have talked twice in the last couple of days to a supplier of ours in Santa Clara del Cobre. While they did not have any incidents during the flareup, they certainly have felt the effects! By their report, they are not getting any out of town visitors of any flavor looking for copper products. Since they are one of the oldest and largest operations in Santa Clara, one could safely assume that the entire "food chain" is really feeling the pinch. Manufacturing facilities are doing layoffs and shops are cutting their hours and staff.

He also said that flyers are being distributed to both businesses and residences warning them of retaliation by the cartels should they choose to step out of line! Quite naturally, the population is on edge.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

Anonimo

Dec 19, 2010, 3:01 AM

Post #3 of 5 (9560 views)

Shortcut

We drove to Pátzcuaro yesterday to shop and have comida. The mercado was as busy as ever. There were about an average or somehwt reduced number of people on the streets. Plaza Grande had fewer people than I'm accustomed to seeing. Restaurant "La Surtidora" was relatively quiet at 1:00 p.m.. with a few diners at the sidewalk cafe and only one couple inside.

We went on to Restaurante "El Camino Real", which was about 2/3rds full by the time we left at 3:15

This morning, I received an email linking to a El Blog de Narco page, saying that the LFM warning was "a false alarm". I've only glanced at the article, but so far I haven't seen any indication that it was, indeed a false alarm. http://tinyurl.com/2b7j8ox

(Note: I don't usually read such blogs, so don't ask me to discuss it in depth or at length. Finally, none of what I've written above "proves" anything. It was just an observation of a slice of time in Pátzcuaro. Thanks.)

We are just trying to live here in peace.

Saludos,
Anonimo

wearechange

Dec 21, 2010, 10:58 AM

Post #4 of 5 (9394 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] Michoacán, Federales and La Familia

Thanks for your input. I hope the holidays are all about peace and goodwill.

Anonimo

Dec 21, 2010, 2:02 PM

Post #5 of 5 (9370 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
Thanks for your input. I hope the holidays are all about peace and goodwill.

Igualmente.

Saludos,
Anonimo

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4