Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Abrria

Dec 13, 2010, 1:26 PM

Post #1 of 4 (4753 views)

Shortcut

ZIPPO LIGHTER NEEDS TO COME BACK

Can't Post | Private Reply
My 18 year old Zippo is being shipped to PA around 12/17. It will probably be about 7-8 weeks until they can ship it. Is there anyone who might be coming down to lakeside around the middle to end of February and would be willing to use your US address for it to be shipped to?

Thanks so much.

RickS

Dec 13, 2010, 7:06 PM

Post #2 of 4 (4706 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Abrria] ZIPPO LIGHTER NEEDS TO COME BACK

Can we file this under, "I'm willing to send my 18 yr. old Zippo to a perfect stranger who SAYS he/she is coming to Lakeside, but I'm not willing to send it here through some form of the Mexican mail"? I'm just saying.....

Gringal

Dec 14, 2010, 9:23 AM

Post #3 of 4 (4668 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] ZIPPO LIGHTER NEEDS TO COME BACK

ROFL, Rick.

There are shippers with addresses in the States who then have the item sent by UPS or ESTAFETA and others. From there, it goes to your home address. One of them is MERKALINK, which has a website.
We have had very good luck having items shipped through them. They will charge fees and of course, there is import duty.
Seriously, I agree with Rick. Don't go there.

NEOhio1

Dec 14, 2010, 9:27 AM

Post #4 of 4 (4665 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Abrria] ZIPPO LIGHTER NEEDS TO COME BACK

You can do a one off time mailing at Sol y Luna to their Laredo address and then they bring it in. I do it often and it works great. Stop by there ( west of Ajijic, mountain side near Tabarka Resturant at Carretera and Rio Zula) and ask Romy about it. I agree, no strangers.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4