Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

normamc288

Nov 30, 2010, 5:35 AM

Post #1 of 1 (2796 views)

Shortcut

safe in Catemaco

Can't Post | Private Reply
Well, here I am back again only with great news. Got a wonderful note from a friend in Tamaulipas that the entire area is almost totally secure. He said lots of military but that everything seems peaceful and quiet. Great news. Also, I do not know where to put this info but will tell it here in case someone needs it. A while ago I was reading about banks, ATMs, etc. I followed what the readers wrote, got my Bank of America account and ATM card, and when I got to Catemaco there was an ATM which was either Santander or Scotia Bank so I was able to pull out money with no service charges. My friend had to pay as he did not get B of A. Well, I ended up leaving Hotel Tepetapan although it was like living in heaven only way too far from my family and friends. Moved to La Pesca. No ATM machine in town and since my car was in Texas I used the bus. So 70 pesos round trip to ATM in Soto La Marina which is 50 KM and no Santander or Scotia. It cost me $8. to pull the money out and add around $6. for bus $14. Not a good thing. I did pull out a lot so I did not have to continue going back but then worried having all that money around. I am having a struggle now as I am in San Antonio and wish I were back in Mexico. Seeing doctors, trying to make some money and visiting family and friends. Anxiously waiting day of my return. I still do not fear living in Mexico. And most likely will bring my truck and return to Catemaco, Hotel Tepetapan. Right now there are people making a movie in Catemaco and so they are living in Tepetapan. Norma

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4