Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

RickS

Nov 28, 2010, 9:42 AM

Post #1 of 10 (6124 views)

Shortcut

Budget Accommodations

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am looking for budget accommodations for the week of Xmas (12/21-12/26) somewhere between Sayulita and Penita de Jaltemba. I am real familiar with the area but just don't know of any (current) habitacions.

Anybody have any recommendations or websites?

Camille

Nov 28, 2010, 7:21 PM

Post #2 of 10 (6079 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Budget Accommodations

best deal for the money is Villas Las Olas in Punta Mita. Apartments instead of rooms, fully equipped kitchens, 30 seconds from the beach..... villaslasolas@yahoo.com......

[edited to correct typo in URL]

(This post was edited by tonyburton on Nov 29, 2010, 2:11 PM)

chicois8

Nov 29, 2010, 7:53 AM

Post #3 of 10 (6033 views)

Shortcut

What is your budget?
Rincon de Guayabitos,Nayarit
San Mateo, California

RickS

Nov 29, 2010, 8:35 AM

Post #4 of 10 (6016 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chicois8] Budget Accommodations

Well, I hesitated putting down an amount..... it would show what a tightwad I really am!..... but probably up to $75/night. Having some sort of 'kitchen' would be nice.

Thanks for asking.

wiloran

Nov 29, 2010, 9:41 AM

Post #5 of 10 (5996 views)

Shortcut

Here's a link to a forum for the Guayabitos/La Penita area. The folks there may be able to give you the best info.

http://jaltemba-bay-mexico.com/

Peter

Nov 29, 2010, 11:09 AM

Post #6 of 10 (5976 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
Well, I hesitated putting down an amount..... it would show what a tightwad I really am!..... but probably up to $75/night. Having some sort of 'kitchen' would be nice.

Thanks for asking.

I guess I'm a little spoiled by getting a two-story cabaña with fridge and hot plate for 200 pesos a night on the beach at Nexpa - quite a bit further down the coast.

I would be curious how you make out on this. Those are dates the Mexican tourists will be filling the resorts and I would expect every place to be getting their premium rates and most hotels filled to maximum. Please let us know if you find vacancies and good prices.

Camille

Nov 29, 2010, 1:54 PM

Post #7 of 10 (5955 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Camille] Budget Accommodations

Sorry, make that villaslasolas@yahoo.com......

RickS

Nov 29, 2010, 4:35 PM

Post #8 of 10 (5934 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Camille] Budget Accommodations

Thanks to all..... I got accommodations in Punta Mita for about $60 and in Chacala for $55, both with kitchens.

mexliving

Nov 30, 2010, 7:30 PM

Post #9 of 10 (5837 views)

Shortcut

check listings on www.vrbo.com dont be scared by the high roller prices , you will find good prices if you search.

ChristinaStobbs

Dec 1, 2010, 5:21 AM

Post #10 of 10 (5808 views)

Shortcut

Hi Rick,

Los Ayala, is a small Mexican beach town (beautiful beach) located in Jaltemba Bay, Nayarit... About an hour north of Puerto Vallarta...

While Christmas will be busy the bungalows accommodations here are very affordable, all within your budget... Here are some listings... Las Iguanas, Posada Las Flores, El Delfins and Bungalows Alexa are all very moderately priced...

http://www.magicallosayala.com/accommodations.html

Here also is a link to the December news, where you will find links to other community web sites and forums, for which you can post about accommodations in the area..

http://www.magicallosayala.com/december_news.html

Christina

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4