Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

robt65

Nov 5, 2010, 2:46 PM

Post #1 of 10 (13893 views)

Shortcut

RV Parking in or near Morelia?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi All,

I would really like to visit Morelia soon in our family's new 30 foot Travel Trailer with double slides. I would not require any electric as I have a generator that can give me all I need for the trailer. Water and hopefully a good dump site would be appreciated. Are there any RV Parks in or around Morelia that anyone knows about? If not I guess I will leave the trailer at home in San Juan del Rio and just get a hotel room for a few nights.

Thanks in Advance,
robt65

chinagringo

Nov 5, 2010, 2:57 PM

Post #2 of 10 (13886 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robt65] RV Parking in or near Morelia?

Have no idea about Morelia but saw I think more than one around Patzcuaro:

http://www.villapatzcuaro.com/eng/inicenglish.htm
http://www.mexonline.com/elpozo.htm
http://www.rancholamesa.com/...;id=19&Itemid=40

There may be more - hopefully one of the locals may respond.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

Peter

Nov 5, 2010, 3:12 PM

Post #3 of 10 (13880 views)

Shortcut

Hi Robert. Far from being an RV park my friends have a parking lot where the have permitted RVs to come in and the people stay. They have a restroom and electricity, water, and there should be no problem dumping in the floor drains - same destination as the other sanitary drains as inside the house.

They are located at the edge of the Centro right near the Santuario de Guadalupe near the mouth of that calzada that goes from the Las Tarascas at the Y junction of Madero and Acueducto up to the Santuario. The only problem is that is the site of the Festival de la Señora del Salud early in December and they would be too crowded to take an RV. Otherwise, though not a pretty RV park, it is secure and well-located for walking access to downtown attractions. -Pete

robt65

Nov 5, 2010, 3:14 PM

Post #4 of 10 (13880 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] RV Parking in or near Morelia?

I know about the ones in or around Patzcuaro, but that's still a drive from Morelia. I'd like to be ale to go ot dinner with some friends in Morelia and at night go for a walk or two. Don't really want to unhook and have to drive back to Patzcuaro at night. That kind of makes it more like work than a restful and relaxing day. I'l probably just leave the Tt at home and get a hotel if there are no RV parks in or more near to Morelia.

But thanks for the thought Neil. Should have a good road report for you when I return.

robt65

Peter

Nov 5, 2010, 3:19 PM

Post #5 of 10 (13879 views)

Shortcut

I gave you a private response about a private parking lot in downtown that sometimes takes RVs. It has some facilities.

Anonimo

Nov 6, 2010, 5:00 AM

Post #6 of 10 (13830 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Peter] RV Parking in or near Morelia?

I can't imagine hauling such a large trailer through Morelia Centro. We don't even like to drive our Ford Windstar there, though we've done it.
But different people have different perceptions and skills.

Saludos,
Anonimo

MexicoGreg

Feb 13, 2011, 5:05 AM

Post #7 of 10 (12295 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Peter] RV Parking in or near Morelia?

Hi Peter,

This offer by your friends for RV parking sounds like just what I need at this time. Please sent me some contact information (privately if better) so that I may get some more information. I will want to know such things as:

What are they asking cost wise for this privilege to park?
How long a stay are guests allowed?
Will a 28 ft class C fit?

Thanks for this Peter, this is a big help. There was supposed to be a RV park along highway 15 beside the lake. They haven´t answered my email. Are they belly up?
Attachments: jQ_640.jpg (55.9 KB)

Anonimo

Feb 14, 2011, 3:19 AM

Post #8 of 10 (12220 views)

Shortcut

Re: [MexicoGreg] RV Parking in or near Morelia?

Greg, there is the El Pozo Trayler Park, on Carretera 14—the Libre— (not on the lake, but not far, either), at the eastern approaches to Pátzcuaro, more or less across from the Hotel Mansíon Bugambilias and about 1/2 mile west of the Tzurumutaro junction with Carretera 120 (goes to Quiroga.)

We have seen a few very large rigs in the El Pozo Park, about the size of semis, but that was exceptional. How the owners got the rig in and out, I have no idea, but they did it.

Saludos,
Anonimo

MexicoGreg

Feb 14, 2011, 3:47 PM

Post #9 of 10 (12167 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] RV Parking in or near Morelia?

Thanks for this. Do you know of any place that is in or closer to Morelia?

Anonimo

Feb 15, 2011, 3:53 AM

Post #10 of 10 (12137 views)

Shortcut

Re: [MexicoGreg] RV Parking in or near Morelia?

Sorry, although there may be an RV park closer to Morelia, I'm not aware of any.

Saludos,
Anonimo

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4