Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

robt65

Nov 5, 2010, 2:32 PM

Post #1 of 6 (10473 views)

Shortcut

Dog Worming Information Around the Morelia or Queretaro Area

Can't Post | Private Reply
I hope someone can give me an answer pretty soon. I had to return NOB on some personal business and I am headed back next week. I went to the local Vet today to find the cost of a good "One Pill" Worming medicine for my Labs and my Father-in-Laws Mini Doxie. I was stunned at the cost. $67.50 for one pill for the 95 lb Choc Lab, $50.00 for the smaller Black Lab and $37.50 for the one pill for the Doxie. WOW! I am happy that I was leaning on the counter. Has anyone in either Morelia, Queretaro or surrounding area had their dogs and /or cat wormed lately? Can you tell me the cost of the one pill for doing this? Now I am not talking "Heart Guard" wormer here, this is a straight worming medicine. I sure hope it is less expensive in Mexico.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

robt65
San Juan del Rio,
Qureretaro

Casa

Nov 5, 2010, 3:40 PM

Post #2 of 6 (10456 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robt65] Dog Worming Information Around the Morelia or Queretaro Area

WOW are those prices in pesos or dollars?
I do not know about the prices in your area but I recently purchased a deworming pill for my dogs in Guadalajara. I went in search of the pills after my last vet deworming cost 300 Pesos per dog. (It seemed like a lot just to give a dog a pill)

I purchased Endogard 10 for my dogs and gave them half a pill each due to the weight of the dog. Each pill cost 20 pesos.
You can read about the pills in Spanish here, Use Google translate if you need to.

robt65

Nov 5, 2010, 7:55 PM

Post #3 of 6 (10424 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Casa] Dog Worming Information Around the Morelia or Queretaro Area

Sorry Casa,

I should have been more specific . . . . Those prices are in U.S. Dollars . . . . . . per pill!!!!!! I about chocked! Thanks for the tip. Where did you buy your pet meds?

Thanks Again,
robt65

Casa

Nov 6, 2010, 10:22 AM

Post #4 of 6 (10390 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robt65] Dog Worming Information Around the Morelia or Queretaro Area

I got the meds at a local vet. (Not the same vet I usually take my dogs to)

judithnpups

Nov 6, 2010, 11:55 AM

Post #5 of 6 (10383 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Casa] Dog Worming Information Around the Morelia or Queretaro Area

Our two small dogs were wormed by our vet here in Morelia at our last visit (in October). The cost was negligible, about $40 pesos each.
Judith
Judith in the DF (formerly in Morelia)

robt65

Nov 6, 2010, 12:11 PM

Post #6 of 6 (10377 views)

Shortcut

Re: [judithnpups] Dog Worming Information Around the Morelia or Queretaro Area

jduithnpups,

Thank you for the information. That gives me a better idea anyway. I appreciate it.

robt65.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4