Mexico Connect
Forums  > Business/Commercial > Mexico Only Business/Trade

mazbook1

Nov 2, 2010, 7:26 PM

Post #1 of 4 (7782 views)

Shortcut

A New book for expats, would-be expats, snowbirds and would-be snowbirds

Can't Post | Private Reply
Since I received the proof copy from the printer today, I would like to announce the new book from Editorial Mazatlán, Magic Made in Mexico: Live Your Dream…in Mexico, by Joanna van der Gracht de Rosado.

Joanna, a young, naïve tour guide from Canada, met—and married—a native Yucateco thirty-five years ago and has made a life in México ever since. An "insider" with an outsider's perspective, she gives a wonderful portrait of México and the new "international" culture vs the Mexican way…a practical and clear eyed look at the adjustments one needs to make as a stranger in a strange (and sometimes "magical") land.

The book begins with Joanna's own story, but most of the book is given over to advice about adapting to living in México from A to Z. This is NOT a nuts-and-bolts book about moving to México (there are good ones already easily available-the best is Rolly's) but a step-by-step guide on how to successfully ADAPT to living in México.

Every new expat or snowbird and certainly all who are considering making the move to México or only spending the winter months here should read this book. It's not only fascinating and fun, but it's absolutely loaded with invaluable advice on how to successfully live in México.

I guarantee there isn't anything like it available. It's unique.

Like Editorial Mazatlán's book on the history of México, Gods, Gachupines and Gringos: A People's History of México by Richard Grabman, I would like to offer readers of this forum a special, one-time, pre-publication price. The regular price in México, after the official release December 4th, will be $275 (pesos, naturally) but for pre-paid orders between now and December 4th, we will offer the book for only $225 (pesos).

Since the book will only be available in México at this time, we can only ship to Mexican addresses or have copies here at Mazatlán Book & Coffee Company for folks who are in or coming to Mazatlán at this price. We expect that the book will be available here in Mazatlán for pickup or shipping around the 20th of November. We have one copy available here in the bookstore for folks who would like to actually see it and read a bit before buying.

David Bodwell
Editorial Mazatlán
www.editorialmazatlan.com
Mazatlán Book & Coffee Company

(This post was edited by mazbook1 on Nov 2, 2010, 8:09 PM)

Rolly

Nov 2, 2010, 9:51 PM

Post #2 of 4 (7759 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mazbook1] A New book for expats, would-be expats, snowbirds and would-be snowbirds

David, congrats on the publication of an interesting and useful book.

Rolly Pirate

mazbook1

Nov 17, 2010, 8:51 PM

Post #3 of 4 (7622 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mazbook1] A New book for expats, would-be expats, snowbirds and would-be snowbirds

For those interested, the book is now in stock in Mazatlán, and the pre-release special price of $225.00 MXN will be good through the official release date of December 4, 2010. Purchases by that time will be shipped, shipping and handling charges ¡Gratis!, to Mexican addresses only.

Orders must be placed by email to mazbook@yahoo.com .

(This post was edited by mazbook1 on Nov 17, 2010, 8:55 PM)

Cathy Duncan

Nov 24, 2010, 3:21 AM

Post #4 of 4 (7554 views)

Shortcut

I'd love to purchase and read it, David. I hope that you'd come up with more new and outstanding compositions in future.
Step by Step and All About London

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4