Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

jerezano

Nov 1, 2010, 9:52 AM

Post #1 of 7 (11394 views)

Shortcut

Resident of the US wants Shaw Direct/ Possible?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hello all,

As a resident of the US and Mexico I want Shaw Direct Satellite but cannot find out how to do it without a Canadian residence. Is it possible?

Hasta luego, jerezano

johnv

Nov 1, 2010, 10:48 AM

Post #2 of 7 (11383 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jerezano] Resident of the US wants Shaw Direct/ Possible?

You need a Shaw Direct account handler. This is usually a person residing in Canada, who agrees to be the "address" for your Shaw Direct account. Numerous Canadian residents are in this "business", and usually charge US$50 to $100 annually for the service. I found out about, and contracted my account handler, after being informed of her by Global Communications, after purchasing a Shaw Direct receiver from them. Note: Account handlers are not advertised or found on the internet.

sparks

Nov 2, 2010, 6:32 AM

Post #3 of 7 (11347 views)

Shortcut

I got the email address of someone in BC from the Chapala.com message board that will hook you up with the account. Someone in Ajijic will install and activate boxes they sell and install dishes they also sell.

I no longer have the info as I'll be sharing service from friends

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

johanson / Moderator

Nov 2, 2010, 10:00 AM

Post #4 of 7 (11326 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sparks] Resident of the US wants Shaw Direct/ Possible?

I love my Shaw Direct, jerezano. We, several relatives and I, are lucky enough to share a summer cottage in BC. Each of us pays for some of the utilities. I've always paid for then Star Choice, now Shaw Direct, even before it was available down here. Maybe my dealer up North might be able to help you. He's in Duncan, Vancouver Island, BC. His name is Jim Foreman.

His email address was, and perhaps still is ultravision@seaside.net

taltman711

Nov 7, 2010, 3:46 PM

Post #5 of 7 (11260 views)

Shortcut

Contact KuSat.
http://www.kusat.com/Shaw-Direct/
They will help you get your account needs met. Bring all the equipment you can from north of the border. Much cheaper.

Tim

Tequisbob

Nov 12, 2010, 10:41 AM

Post #6 of 7 (11183 views)

Shortcut

Re: [taltman711] Resident of the US wants Shaw Direct/ Possible?

I use Kusat....I pay them $75 a year to handle my account and add or delete channels......they bill my credit card direct each month for my monthy packages. I bought my HD receivers from them also @ $199 each..had them shipped to my mailbox in McAllen and picked them up. So far so good and I love Shaw....it is much better than Dish was here in Tequisquiapan, Queretaro.

They gave me a choice of an address in Vancouver, B.C. or Toronto, Ont. I chose the West Coast...so my recievers have Pacific time on all the menus and channel listings. They have a great channel I have never seen before. Oasis...it is nature etc...etc...and a wonderful channel. I also have the NFL Sunday Ticket and all the sports I want in HD.

rukus

Dec 6, 2010, 11:10 PM

Post #7 of 7 (10973 views)

Shortcut

drop me a line. I can get stuff - rukus611@yahoo.ca
starchoiceinusa@gmail.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4