Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Southern Mexico

Gayla

Oct 27, 2010, 10:34 AM

Post #1 of 3 (4574 views)

Shortcut

ISO Hotel Rec in Merida

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am looking for a hotel recommendation for 1-night in Merida in Feb. 2011. I will be arriving late - as in after midnight - and will be catching a bus to Valladolid the next morning in order to meet up with friends. Given that I'll be there less than 24 hours, I'm not too picky. The place doesn't need to be fancy but it should be safe (especially for a late night arrival), comfortable, i.e., a bed that is NOT rock hard and a reasonable supply of hot water in the morning, and reasonably priced (i.e. below $100 USD incl. tax). All I'm going to do is sleep, shower, maybe walk around the area in the morning to find breakfast and then a cab to the ADO bus station. My Spanish is passable, tho' after midnight I won't guarantee it really works all that well.

My travels in Mexico are usually in the Central and Southern regions, this will be the first trip to the Yucatan hence the request for suggestions on an overnight hotel. I know February is high season, so I'd really like to book something now rather than later. And since I will be traveling late at night and solo, in an area to which I've never been, the safety piece is a question mark in my book.

yucatandreamer

Oct 27, 2010, 3:35 PM

Post #2 of 3 (4549 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gayla] ISO Hotel Rec in Merida

I have always recommended the Dolores Alba and have stayed there myself. There is a new hotel in my neighborhood called the Maria Jose that I would put up friends and family in. It looks clean and is a lot closer to the bus station than the Dolores Alba. They are both not expensive and both safe. The Maria Jose is in a better area.
http://www.doloresalba.com/indexmain.htm#mda

http://www.hotelmariajose.com.mx/

You could actually walk to the bus station from the Maria Jose. It is about 5 blocks. Both hotels have a breakfast.

Gayla

Oct 31, 2010, 10:33 AM

Post #3 of 3 (4483 views)

Shortcut

Re: [yucatandreamer] ISO Hotel Rec in Merida

Yucatandreamer, thanks so much for the reply. Both of these hotels look like they'll fill the bill nicely

Gayla

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4