First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

happygilmore

Nov 28, 2013, 10:51 AM

Post #51 of 69 (44321 views)

Shortcut

Re: [marcosslp] Introduce Yourself -- Part 3

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi all,

My name is Jackson and I currently live in Tapachula, Chiapas.

I am from Mississippi and have been in Tapachula since Aug of this year.

marcosslp

Nov 28, 2013, 1:32 PM

Post #52 of 69 (44301 views)

Shortcut

Re: [happygilmore] Introduce Yourself -- Part 3

Hi Jackson!

Right now I live in San Luis Potosi. But, my son lives in Tapachula with his wife and son.

He owns a school of Aikido (martial art). Let me know if you would like to meet him and I'll send you his particulars.

Marcos

Mirador

Feb 5, 2014, 7:58 PM

Post #53 of 69 (43754 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Introduce Yourself -- Part 3

I miss Rolly! I thought Rolly a grand fellow. We only chatted once or twice online when I asked him about graffiti in Mexico. Some of the graffiti is glorious, spreading over walls like mysterious messages left in the night by the spirits of dead gods.

Unlike most of you, I do not live in far-flung places nor have traveled the world. I have been out of the United States only twice, and only one of those times really counts. I crossed over to Canada from Minnesota for five minutes when I was ten years old, long enough to acquire a small red and white flag with a maple leaf on it. It was more like tagging First Base than actually going anywhere.

Mexico counts. I was member of a high school Spanish class from Tennessee, who dropped down from Texas like a bunch of teenage tarantulas, landed briefly on Montemorelos, then hurtled on down to torment Mexico City. Our faculty chaperones were so traumatized that our school never again took students out of the country. We were that bad.

Since then, life has not offered me the opportunity to travel, but recently I discovered Google Maps. The 3D streetview feature has allowed freedom at last to wander all over the world. In some ways it beats going in person. I can gaze as long as I want to at whatever fascinates me without someone wondering why I've stood for two hours in front of their house.

But no matter where I "travel," I always return to Mexico.

And that's why I'm here. I see things in my 3D wanderings that I have questions about, and nobody to ask. Most of the info I find online about Mexico is geared toward gringos with money who want to live the gringo life in Mexico. I am not a gringo with money, and even if I was, that is not what interests me. I'm interested in Mexico from the inside out, not from the outside in. Some of you sound like you know it from the inside out, so maybe you can tolerate a virtual traveler in your midst, asking strange questions.

Rolly

Feb 5, 2014, 8:01 PM

Post #54 of 69 (43746 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Mirador] Introduce Yourself -- Part 3

Rolly is back now that he can see again.

Rolly Pirate

yucatandreamer

Feb 5, 2014, 8:38 PM

Post #55 of 69 (43735 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Mirador] Introduce Yourself -- Part 3

I am not one of those who is particularly qualified to tell you about Mexico, but as a person who loves looking at maps and has enjoyed virtual travel, I really liked your introduction. You sound like someone who would be fun to get to know. There are quite a few people on this board who will answer all sorts of questions, so ask away. Even those of us who live pretty much as they did in their home country may have an insight or two to enrich your "travel" experience.

Mirador

Feb 6, 2014, 5:54 PM

Post #56 of 69 (43695 views)

Shortcut

Rolly, I'm so happy you're back and can see again!!!!!

(This post was edited by Mirador on Feb 6, 2014, 6:06 PM)

Mirador

Feb 6, 2014, 6:06 PM

Post #57 of 69 (43692 views)

Shortcut

Re: [yucatandreamer] Introduce Yourself -- Part 3

Thank you for the welcome, Yucatandreamer! And I didn't mean to disparage the knowledge of those who live pretty much as they did in their home country. (Not that you said I did, but I realize how that part of my post probably sounded.)

That is so cool that I'm not the only one who enjoys maps and virtual travel. I knew there must be others or else Google wouldn't keep blazing the trails, but the people I know personally tend to turn up their noses at it, saying they'd rather travel in person. Well, I'm glad they can, but I'm still thrilled that I can travel virtually.

jessicajem

May 20, 2014, 1:17 AM

Post #58 of 69 (42389 views)

Shortcut

Re: [hollysurly] Introduce Yourself -- Part 3

Hello,
I am a new member in this forum.I want to know more about this forum topics.

angleprety

Jun 2, 2014, 11:47 PM

Post #59 of 69 (42262 views)

Shortcut

Hi everyone,I am a new member in your community.
http://insuranceadviseronline.com/

gabrielin

Aug 13, 2014, 3:55 PM

Post #60 of 69 (40298 views)

Shortcut

Re: [angleprety] Introduce Yourself -- Part 3

Good afternoon, friends.

My name is Gabriel. I'm in my twenties and I was born in USA, but I've been living in Baja California for a while now. I've lived near the Mexican border pretty much my whole life, mostly in Southern California, and I speak both English and Spanish fluently.

I met my (now) husband via mutual friends in 2010, which is one of the main reasons I moved to Mexico. We married last year in Mexico City because the legal situation is somewhat complicated right now for LGBT couples who wish to marry in this state. Currently, we live in Mexicali with our two pit bulls, but we are looking into moving to DF or possibly Guadalajara to escape the desert and pursue new opportunities.

I look forward to sharing my knowledge/experiences and learning more about everyone else. :)

Rolly

Aug 13, 2014, 6:24 PM

Post #61 of 69 (40281 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gabrielp] Introduce Yourself -- Part 3

Welcome to MexConnect. Glad to meet you.

Rolly Pirate

gabrielin

Aug 13, 2014, 6:31 PM

Post #62 of 69 (40278 views)

Shortcut

Thank you, Rolly. It's nice to meet you as well. You have a great website. :)

calitim

Sep 24, 2014, 3:58 PM

Post #63 of 69 (39732 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gabrielin] Introduce Yourself -- Part 3

Hi everyone. New here obviously I'm planning on taking a long term assigment with my employer to come live in Mexico City. I'm married with 3 children and one on the way. I actually lived in DF when I was a child for about four years but haven't been back since. I'm beginning my research on the ins and outs dos and don'ts as I know lots has changed the past 30 yrs.

RickS

Sep 24, 2014, 9:42 PM

Post #64 of 69 (39711 views)

Shortcut

Re: [calitim] Introduce Yourself -- Part 3

Welcome aboard!

adamptp

Nov 25, 2016, 7:27 AM

Post #65 of 69 (18046 views)

Shortcut

Hi,

I'm Adam and i live in mexico on and off for the past 2 years!
--
Regards

Adam
Job Description
Best Holiday Search Engine
IT Project Manager job description

johanson

Nov 25, 2016, 4:20 PM

Post #66 of 69 (18019 views)

Shortcut

Re: [adamptp] Introduce Yourself -- Part 3

My turn to say welcome aboard.

Pete
along the shores of Lake Chapala, south of Guadalajara.

Shirleydavis

Dec 1, 2016, 11:48 PM

Post #67 of 69 (17759 views)

Shortcut

Hello Everyone, I am new in this group..

gabr

Apr 16, 2017, 10:09 PM

Post #68 of 69 (13923 views)

Shortcut

Hey everybody, I am new here too. Looking forward to having a good time here.

Deewelch

Aug 25, 2017, 12:39 AM

Post #69 of 69 (4544 views)

Shortcut

Hi guys! I'm the newest member of the crew!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4