Sep 21, 2010, 10:19 AM
Post #1 of 1
Looking for writers in all areas except Riviera Nayarit, Mazatlan, Sonora, Guadalajara, Zihua/Ixtapa, Puebla, Cancun, Los Cabos, and DF.
NileGuide seeks web-savvy, social media-loving travel writers to help us create the best travel content on the Web. In this position you will be the grand master of your destination pages: writing insightful content and providing valuable travel tips.
We want you to be the authority on your destination. In return, you’ll build your reputation as a travel writer with NileGuide, one of the Web’s leading travel planning sites.
Working for us, you’ll:
- join a community of travel writers around the world
- learn the ropes of social media
- get great experience working with a proprietary content management system
- attract visitors to your site (you’ll make more money that way)
As a NileGuide Local Expert, you must:
The compensation is $250 US per mo for the first 2 months and then goes to $100/mo plus .03/pageview when you exceed your region's 3 month average prior to your start date. This work shouldn't take more than a couple of hours a week, depending on your writing speed and knowledge of the area.
- have stellar writing skills, and have something to say about your destination
- have the ability to quickly take on the NileGuide voice and run with it
- write according to our stringent stylistic/grammatical guidelines.
- love your destination and live there (you are the “local” expert, after all)
- be tech savvy (ok, so you can write an email, but we’re looking for a little more)
- be comfortable with social media: Twitter, FaceBook, Digg, etc.
- be an entrepreneurial self-starter needing little direct management
- have experience as a travel writer or editor
- preferably already be able to create blog posts in WordPress, edit photos using Picnik, and do research online
If you are interested, please contact me at LaOvejitaNegra at Gmail dot Com
(This post was edited by NileEditor on Sep 21, 2010, 11:22 AM)