Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

artistheke

Aug 17, 2010, 12:34 PM

Post #1 of 3 (4677 views)

Shortcut

driving directions from Saltillo to Piedras Negras

Can't Post | Private Reply
We are leaving for the states on sunday from San Miguel. We are traveling with our pet and booked a room in Saltillo at the American Business Hotel on the Carrertara Saltillo Monterrey. the address is #9000.
Last year we got lost in Saltillo. Can someone tell me how to get back on the 57 cuota heading to Piedras Negras. That is where we want to cross now that the highway has reopened.

RickS

Aug 17, 2010, 3:19 PM

Post #2 of 3 (4651 views)

Shortcut

Re: [artistheke] driving directions from Saltillo to Piedras Negras

That hotel is on the north side of downtown Saltillo just before Ramos Arizpe. When you leave out, just continue 'north' on the road you stayed on, passing quickly through Ramos; on the northern outskirts of Ramos (flat land, very industrial looking) you will come to the intersection of cuota 57 and the Saltillo-Monterrey road on which you are traveling. Take the couta 57 left/'northwest' towards Monclova.... it will be a 'butterfly' exit right, circling under (I think) the road you were on and then out NW on 57. When I passed through there last year the 'cuota' out towards Monclova did not actually have a charge.... it's just a nice, new highway that connects with the free 57 a ways up the road.

Hope that helps.

The link below should show your hotel area.... just enlarge the map (click on the "-" sign on the scale to the left a couple or three times) and you'll see the interchange.

http://www.hotels.com/...n=Saltillo%2C+Mexico

(This post was edited by RickS on Aug 17, 2010, 8:23 PM)

artistheke

Aug 17, 2010, 6:44 PM

Post #3 of 3 (4623 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] driving directions from Saltillo to Piedras Negras

Rick- thank you soooo Much !

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4