Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

curt@sanpanchoweather.com

Jul 28, 2010, 10:36 AM

Post #1 of 4 (5456 views)

Shortcut

Dish TV Program Guide

Can't Post | Private Reply
I have lost the ability to download the program guide info on my Dish TV 625 DVR/Receiver.

Had to readjust my dish this morning after a workman inadvertently moved it yesterday and I've got my transponders back. But clearly, I've had a signal loss on whatever tr handles the program guide info.

Anyone know what tr I need for the program guide?

Thanks!

rukus

Jul 28, 2010, 1:13 PM

Post #2 of 4 (5447 views)

Shortcut

Re: [curt@sanpanchoweather.com] Dish TV Program Guide

Knowing nothing about dish I can't be really accurate but I know Starchoice sends theirs at night and if you have all the channels you had before, you should be good. You might try unplugging your unit, wait a couple minutes and replug to see if you can force it to look for a download

rukus - starchoiceinusa@gmail.com
starchoiceinusa@gmail.com

chinagringo

Jul 28, 2010, 2:22 PM

Post #3 of 4 (5433 views)

Shortcut

Are you trying to access the Program Guide from the button on your remote? If so, you might try going to the menu button and then choosing option #1. The other option that I resort to when having issues is to my box and hold down the power button until it goes into the reset mode. This may take a minute or two but usually clears up my problems.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

curt@sanpanchoweather.com

Jul 29, 2010, 6:38 AM

Post #4 of 4 (5408 views)

Shortcut

Thanks for the ideas!

Just for the record, I've got the program guide back. All I had to do was wait!

Shortly after 10 p.m. (Eastern) when trying to scroll ahead on the (empty) program guide, the "need to download info" came on the screen again. Except this time it didn't just disappear; it actually downloaded the program info.

So it must be a matter of when Dish makes the info available and not a question of what transponder one is on.

I guess.

Thanks again for the replies.

In Reply To
I have lost the ability to download the program guide info on my Dish TV 625 DVR/Receiver.

Had to readjust my dish this morning after a workman inadvertently moved it yesterday and I've got my transponders back. But clearly, I've had a signal loss on whatever tr handles the program guide info.

Anyone know what tr I need for the program guide?

Thanks!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4