First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

mensamia

Jul 24, 2010, 8:34 PM

Post #26 of 34 (9230 views)

Shortcut

Re: [raferguson] Current Situation in Nuevo Laredo

Can't Post | Private Reply
"I have generally given up the fight, partly due to being tired of the grief."

I understand you thinking about giving up. I started a topic in the General forum called ' is Mexico a failed state' and was harangued, and criticised and booed and the topic was very efficiently locked by a moderator within hours of my starting it. Reasons given
1) I was a troll, 2) I had already made a decision about the topic before posting it.

I think the reason was neither of the above...it seems to me another case of whitewashing the situation.

La Isla

Jul 25, 2010, 10:06 AM

Post #27 of 34 (9128 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mensamia] Current Situation in Nuevo Laredo

In Reply To

I understand you thinking about giving up. I started a topic in the General forum called ' is Mexico a failed state' and was harangued, and criticised and booed and the topic was very efficiently locked by a moderator within hours of my starting it. Reasons given
1) I was a troll, 2) I had already made a decision about the topic before posting it.

I think the reason was neither of the above...it seems to me another case of whitewashing the situation.

I don't think that any of us here who have lived in Mexico for any length of time are interested in whitewashing the serious problems of violence that are all too frequent in certain areas of the country. But most of us are happily determined to stay in our adopted home and wish to spend some of our time on Mexconnect discussing the positive aspects of our lives here. When someone who is not living here is equally determined to post only (or mostly) comments bemoaning the terrible state of things in our adopted country, it is only natural to counter the negativity with the opposite point of view.

mensamia

Jul 25, 2010, 1:27 PM

Post #28 of 34 (9091 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Isla] Current Situation in Nuevo Laredo

perhaps my comments seem negative because I have no problem with the positive aspects of Mexico so do not feel a need to discuss them. The negative aspects are the ones I'd like to see changed and dialogue is a beginning. I feel that post was unjustly locked.

La Isla

Jul 25, 2010, 1:32 PM

Post #29 of 34 (9084 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
perhaps my comments seem negative because I have no problem with the positive aspects of Mexico so do not feel a need to discuss them. The negative aspects are the ones I'd like to see changed and dialogue is a beginning. I feel that post was unjustly locked.

All we know about you are the comments you post. If those comments are on the negative, dare I say, alarmist side of the discussion, then the conclusion we necessarily draw about you is that you are focused on what is wrong with Mexico.

chinagringo

Jul 25, 2010, 1:43 PM

Post #30 of 34 (9081 views)

Shortcut

Well "plenty of fish" member, Mensamia, Quebec may be just the right place for your concerns and Mexico may just be a misdirected effort on your part.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

Altahabana

Jul 25, 2010, 2:00 PM

Post #31 of 34 (9073 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] Current Situation in Nuevo Laredo

Last Monday night someone threw a grenade under some bleachers at the sports fields near the Zoologico park in Nuevo Laredo during a soccer game. One person was killed and about 20 injured, including several children. The target was a member of the Zetas. The crime was apparently solved over the weekend, not by local law enforcement, but by the intended victims.

http://www.noticiasmvs.com/...en-Nuevo-Laredo.html

Brian

Jul 25, 2010, 2:16 PM

Post #32 of 34 (9062 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Altahabana] Current Situation in Nuevo Laredo

Twitter is reporting a explosion in Nuevo Laredo at intersection of Morelos and Nacataz about an hour ago. Is that Col Victoria? Some folks are saying now that the city has confirmed it. Usually the city website releases info but long after the horse has left the barn so to speak. It seems to be overloaded right now.

Now this tweet with link included:

http://origin-www.milenio.com/node/494661

(This post was edited by Rolly on Jul 25, 2010, 3:03 PM)

mensamia

Jul 25, 2010, 3:45 PM

Post #33 of 34 (9025 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Isla] Current Situation in Nuevo Laredo

Not all negative....I did write something funny to me in the Living, Retiring.. and Dying Post.. but that got shot down really fast. it made me smile while writing it and I had hoped it made others smile. Seems not.

Peter

Jul 25, 2010, 9:25 PM

Post #34 of 34 (8946 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
Not all negative....I did write something funny to me in the Living, Retiring.. and Dying Post.. but that got shot down really fast. it made me smile while writing it and I had hoped it made others smile. Seems not.

ˇPobrecita!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4