Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

Happy2trvl

Jul 20, 2010, 8:55 AM

Post #1 of 2 (3906 views)

Shortcut

Tonala Contacts For Purchases?

Can't Post | Private Reply
I will be in Tonala in Aug and understand there are places I can purchase direct from the factories. Can anyone shed some light on this procedure for me?

Or if you have a contact for me that would be greatly appreciated. We are furnishing a condo from infancy, so will need it all priced well.

Thanks everyone!

chinagringo

Jul 20, 2010, 9:58 AM

Post #2 of 2 (3895 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Happy2trvl] Tonala Contacts For Purchases?

Can't Post | Private Reply
I hope that have have a great set of walking shoes to start with! Tonala is a great learning experience and a phenomenal source of products. You do state that you have to furnish a condo but don't really provide any guidance on just what you might be looking for. Here is a web site provided by the City of Tonala, which provides you to links for the various shops, artisans and factories that produce a variety of product:
http://www.tonala.com.mx/portal/index.php
This will get you started formulating ideas and maybe "wish lists". If you are not already aware, Thursdays and Sundays are designated as Market Days in Tonala. What does this mean? Total chaos and often huge crowds and definitely not for the faint of heart. Artisans and vendors come from all over, setting up in temporary booths placed anywhere and everywhere. Driving into and through Tonala on these days is almost impossible necessitating parking where available and hiking from there.

I hate to speculate how many hours/days we have spent shopping Tonala through the years and it is an ever changing environment. If you can PM me with more specifics, maybe we will connections or further suggestions of where you might start.

By the way - how is your Spanish? If you feel limited in that department, we do have some contacts where one can get some help at a reasonable price.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4