Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Gringal

Aug 3, 2010, 4:11 PM

Post #51 of 54 (3933 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Jimbo] Ajijic Developments

| Private Reply
Only one unhappy thing to consider: Ever try to find a decent job after age 50? Even if skilled?
I feel very sorry for those in that position in this era of high unemployment. Honestly, I don't know what some of those people will do to survive. Shades of the Great Depression.

However, this is way off topic...so I'll fade away now.

mevale

Aug 3, 2010, 7:44 PM

Post #52 of 54 (3913 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Ajijic Developments

| Private Reply

In Reply To
I'm not a all confused. Smoke and mirrors are wasted, if there are any. Too much complex terminology has the same effect. I tune it out. When financial advisers suggested that I invest in complex financial instruments which they could not explain in simple, declarative sentences, I sent them packing. Maybe that's just me, but my still-solvent acquaintances did the same thing.

Reality check: Most people who post on here are not financially naive and have done their homework before investing their money or they would be back in the states wringing their hands in despair over their losses instead of dining out around Lakeside.

Furthermore, this thread has turned into a pointless pizzing contest. I suspect Hound Dog was having you on with his example. At least, that's how it came across to me, so I wouldn't take any of it too seriously. I don't.

The question of buying/renting has engaged the interest of many so-called financial experts since the dawn of private property.
There is no answer, since none of us has the necessary crystal ball to predict things like my first home that I bought in Larkspur, CA for 10K back in the sixties turning into an 800K property before the bubble burst. If there were such prescience, we'd all be a lot richer. As it is, most of us who knew when to bail did all right.

Meanwhile, the water is rising. This morning, it was up to the level of the worthless boat parked near the Ajijic pier.
Have a fine day.

If you're so smart, don't ask for clarification. You think "Hound Dog was having me on." Sweet Jesus, get a clue. Hound Dog and his wife never let an opportunity go by without reminding everyone how successful they were in their previous lives, and how they understand food, travel, Mexico, and whatever else, much better than you and I do. You may be impressed, but I've been around enough to know a b**lshit artist when I see one. And he's first rate. "Having me on", my *ss.

(This post was edited by mevale on Aug 3, 2010, 7:47 PM)

Gringal

Aug 3, 2010, 7:56 PM

Post #53 of 54 (3907 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mevale] Ajijic Developments

| Private Reply
I don't think this is worth arguing about. Bye.

Jimbo

Aug 4, 2010, 7:17 AM

Post #54 of 54 (3864 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Ajijic Developments

| Private Reply
And to think, this all started with a lady asking what "gated community" an active lifestyle couple should direct their "estate agent" to.
In the midst of the New Depression there are still those who sip champagne and attend cocktail parties. Now, where is Cole Porter when we really need him?

Saludos:
Jim Bentein
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4